Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Steve Tinetti, Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

C + K Engagement (33 Images)

dgleason
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · C + K Engagement (33 Images)

It's been a while since my last engagement and I felt really rusty on this one. I'm kicking myself for some things I wish I would have done better, especially mixing up the poses. But, there is some things I think I improved on, so overall I'm happy. I had a hard time picking between several similar shots, so I'm just gonna leave them in and see what everyone else thinks. C&C appreciated.
Thanks!
Dustin

Feb 17, 2014 at 03:39 AM
dgleason
• •
p.1 #2 · C + K Engagement (33 Images)

Oh, and I should mention, my wife/2nd shooter has a few in here #3, 6, 17, 19, 27 and 28.

Feb 17, 2014 at 04:05 AM
dhp_sf
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · C + K Engagement (33 Images)

I think you got a lot of really good shots in here mixed with some misses. Probably a really strong set of 15 shots in here. What's great is the amount of experimentation you're doing. But I think it almost works against you sometimes if you aren't patient with a composition that has more potential (I do the same thing).

The good standouts for me are 9, 11, 14, 29, 30 and 33.

The less good ones (imo) are:

3) This is a tempting source of light to work with, but I think the stripe of light is a bit too narrow for the both of them. So to me it looks like trying for something that wasn't quite there.

8) I really want to like this one, but the posing doesn't quite work for me. If you could see their profiles looking at each other and maybe the girl had her legs crossed or standing more casual it would work better. It suffers a bit because they're both standing almost exactly the same.

12) I like the light, but I think the fact that they are looking down makes it a gloomier photo. Maybe if they were looking up--this is a more playful pose, but the expression doesn't match up.

15) Just not a strong image in my opinion in comparison the the rest here.

16) There's a nice moment on the couple here, but the windblown hair isn't quite working. The bicyclist looks out of place--I feel like you included him intentionally, but the composition isn't really helped because he's not really helping frame anything.

19) The rest of the context around the mirror doesn't add much here. I think conceptually it could have been really cool but the rest of the context doesn't really help you here, so it feels a bit forced.

21) I like the composition, but the angle isn't really great for the people. I typically try to avoid up-the-nose perspectives but that might be just a personal pet peeve of mine. The guy's hand hanging dead by the side could be helped by either causally being put in his pocket or interacting with his fiancé.

24) Doesn't feel strong enough to be in this set either. The pose feels a bit forced to me, and given that you have a lot of really nice natural-looking poses, this one doesn't quite fit in.

Hope that helps!

Feb 17, 2014 at 05:32 AM
pette87
• •
p.1 #4 · C + K Engagement (33 Images)

he never looked in camera...not a big fan of the in camera looking..but a portrait of him could be important

Feb 17, 2014 at 10:32 AM
Dawei Ye
• • • •
p.1 #5 · C + K Engagement (33 Images)

4, 9 onwards etc. all really great!

25 and 26 I'd retouch the hair slightly (having a receding hairline myself )

Feb 17, 2014 at 01:42 PM
truehuss
• • •
p.1 #6 · C + K Engagement (33 Images)

Looking at you guys (Duy, joelconner,morby,hoffer) I cant wait to shoot dammit! You boys are kicking major buttocks.lol And dude, you've got some 'epic' shots here, to me.

Loving most of these. I had to look at what duy said because I liked some of the ones he didn't (like #3 & 12) but upon further inspection, I agree...mostly( I still like # 8) .
That's why I really appreciate a place like FM . There are a lot of good eyes here (and some bad/hater ones...but I don't pay attention to them) to help you/us get better and see things maybe we don't.

My small crit/cuts are: the ring shot is, eh. Not great not bad. Probably doesn't work wit the rest of the epic'ness. I'd deliver, not blog. #7 is ok. Not on par with the rest. since the poses are somewhat repetitive # 13 could probably be cut also. ditto 21. 32 and 33 are the same, I'd go with #33. ditto 25 over 26.

Great job bro. Inspiring work. Loving your stuff lately.

Thanks for sharing

Miguel

Feb 17, 2014 at 03:16 PM
widjayaman
• • •
p.1 #7 · C + K Engagement (33 Images)

I love this set. My only crit is that some of the 'good' images are diluting the great ones.. I think you could easily cut this down to 15 images and have a much stronger set. Great job man!

Farid

Feb 17, 2014 at 06:22 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

stevez32
• • • •
p.1 #8 · C + K Engagement (33 Images)

widjayaman wrote:
I love this set. My only crit is that some of the 'good' images are diluting the great ones.. I think you could easily cut this down to 15 images and have a much stronger set. Great job man!

Farid

+1

Feb 17, 2014 at 06:51 PM
bathtub2007

p.1 #9 · C + K Engagement (33 Images)

Great set of images, captured it rather lovely. Thanks for the share.

Feb 17, 2014 at 07:16 PM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.1 #10 · C + K Engagement (33 Images)

not much to criticize... very much enjoyed this set. my 10 yr old daughter was walking by as I was looking, she said it looked "cool"

Feb 17, 2014 at 07:47 PM
dgleason
• •
p.1 #11 · C + K Engagement (33 Images)

I cut the set down on the blog and have a new list of things to work on for next time I really appreciate everyone taking the time to share their thoughts, very helpful as always. Thanks again!
Dustin

Feb 18, 2014 at 06:58 PM
khriva

p.1 #12 · C + K Engagement (33 Images)

Wonderful lighting choices.

Apr 07, 2014 at 09:59 PM
CW100
• • • •
p.1 #13 · C + K Engagement (33 Images)

some excellent pics in the bunch

Apr 09, 2014 at 10:12 AM
Summary

p.1 #14 · C + K Engagement (33 Images)

Your control of the sun/flare is really nice - these are great shots!

Apr 09, 2014 at 04:46 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password