Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2014 · Vanessa - Studio Portraits (5 Images)

Emberlain

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Vanessa - Studio Portraits (5 Images)

Love number 4!

Feb 22, 2014 at 06:41 PM
kaycephoto
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Vanessa - Studio Portraits (5 Images)

Emberlain wrote:
Love number 4!

thank you!

Feb 23, 2014 at 05:16 PM
Charles Loy
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Vanessa - Studio Portraits (5 Images)

Hell I love this series! She's relaxed, fun and enjoying it. You lighted her spot on (in my opinion). Wonderful.

Feb 23, 2014 at 08:43 PM
kaycephoto
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Vanessa - Studio Portraits (5 Images)

Charles Loy wrote:
Hell I love this series! She's relaxed, fun and enjoying it. You lighted her spot on (in my opinion). Wonderful.

thanks for commenting Charles!

Feb 25, 2014 at 01:05 PM
intimistic
• •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Vanessa - Studio Portraits (5 Images)

Thanks for sharing It is nice to see well done Portraits.
This style is bright, fresh, and fun.
I might even try something similar, Very cheerful.

Feb 25, 2014 at 02:49 PM
Rand47
• •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Vanessa - Studio Portraits (5 Images)

Uzay wrote:
i like all the images, i also like low contrast and your processing, i think it's a matter of taste

ABSOLUTELY! The lovely high key lighting & PP is perfect for this lovely model. You expressed it perfectly (OP) in your description of the shoot. Please don't apologize for knowing what you're doing, how you want an image to look and succeeding!

Rand

Feb 27, 2014 at 10:38 AM
Herb
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Vanessa - Studio Portraits (5 Images)

I find myself looking more and more what people do with their hands and arms in shoots.....I like what she did.....very nice and not boring nor does it say I am here, take my photo....really more like this was fun and I want to do it again.....I like her in the photos...would like to see more of her.......

Feb 27, 2014 at 05:58 PM
fussus6

p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Vanessa - Studio Portraits (5 Images)

very nice work...

Feb 27, 2014 at 08:45 PM
kaycephoto
• • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Vanessa - Studio Portraits (5 Images)

intimistic wrote:
Thanks for sharing It is nice to see well done Portraits.
This style is bright, fresh, and fun.
I might even try something similar, Very cheerful.

fussus6 wrote:
very nice work...

thank you both for the kind words & for looking!

Herb wrote:
I find myself looking more and more what people do with their hands and arms in shoots.....I like what she did.....very nice and not boring nor does it say I am here, take my photo....really more like this was fun and I want to do it again.....I like her in the photos...would like to see more of her.......

That's a very subtle aspect of a model shoot that most (including myself) often neglect to focus on.. while I shoot, I'm mostly keeping the pace/energy/flow of the shoot going & in a positive light, while paying attention to her facial expressions over everything else while guiding the subject through poses every few frames or so.. great point, I'll definitely try to keep in mind "natural" hand/arm positions more while i filter/select the final shots in the future! Thank you Herb!

Rand47 wrote:
ABSOLUTELY! The lovely high key lighting & PP is perfect for this lovely model. You expressed it perfectly (OP) in your description of the shoot. Please don't apologize for knowing what you're doing, how you want an image to look and succeeding!

Rand

thank you Rand, as i stated in the original post, i really have no feelings about my work in this area, so i definitely don't mind when others offer feedback on what they would've done differently - i typically edit non-commercial shoots how i "feel" about the particular set & also how i think the model/client will respond to it given their aims. i appreciate your kind words & can now add that the model/client loves the photos (so I'm happy)!

Feb 28, 2014 at 04:41 PM
laurenlizana

p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Vanessa - Studio Portraits (5 Images)

looks like she had sun thats a great thing

Mar 30, 2014 at 10:52 PM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Vanessa - Studio Portraits (5 Images)

These are really wonderful and the icing, in addition to the high key feel, is the nuance of expression and hand positioning. It all feels very natural and completely unforced. Well done!

Mar 31, 2014 at 02:55 AM
treebeard
• • • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Vanessa - Studio Portraits (5 Images)

#4 is very nice, my favorite out of the bunch. TFS

Tree

Mar 31, 2014 at 07:20 AM
kaycephoto
• • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Vanessa - Studio Portraits (5 Images)

laurenlizana wrote:
looks like she had sun thats a great thing

Peter Figen wrote:
These are really wonderful and the icing, in addition to the high key feel, is the nuance of expression and hand positioning. It all feels very natural and completely unforced. Well done!

treebeard wrote:
#4 is very nice, my favorite out of the bunch. TFS

Tree

thank you all for the kind words!

Apr 01, 2014 at 01:46 PM
Jungan
• •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Vanessa - Studio Portraits (5 Images)

like #2 and #5!!

Apr 01, 2014 at 05:02 PM
kaycephoto
• • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Vanessa - Studio Portraits (5 Images)

Jungan wrote:
like #2 and #5!!

thanks for the picks!

Apr 08, 2014 at 09:57 PM
jfinite
• • • • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Vanessa - Studio Portraits (5 Images)

Cute shots!

Apr 09, 2014 at 11:38 AM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Vanessa - Studio Portraits (5 Images)

These are just lovely. She's very cute and you did a great job of capturing her personality.

I like the post processing, especially in this age of overbaked, overworked images.

My only nit would be a minor difference in skin tone between her legs and face, most evident in 05. In this image, it looks like her face is a pleasing warm tone with her legs a little cooler and pink. Is this her coloration or a result of post processing?

Apr 09, 2014 at 01:18 PM
kaycephoto
• • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Vanessa - Studio Portraits (5 Images)

jfinite wrote:
Cute shots!

thank you!

dmacmillan wrote:
These are just lovely. She's very cute and you did a great job of capturing her personality.

I like the post processing, especially in this age of overbaked, overworked images.

My only nit would be a minor difference in skin tone between her legs and face, most evident in 05. In this image, it looks like her face is a pleasing warm tone with her legs a little cooler and pink. Is this her coloration or a result of post processing?

thank you very much for the detailed feedback & the kind words.. I'm not 100% sure, but accidental reflections from a reflector I careless left laying around left are most likely to blame for the warmer tones on her face (or the cooler tones on her leg, if they were blocking part of the light from my main)..

Apr 10, 2014 at 02:01 PM
cgilleo

p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Vanessa - Studio Portraits (5 Images)

Posing is great. Lighting is spot on. I see your choice in processing was to get a dreamy look. Perhaps to much for some, but I thinks they look great.

Apr 16, 2014 at 07:54 PM
kaycephoto
• • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Vanessa - Studio Portraits (5 Images)

cgilleo wrote:
Posing is great. Lighting is spot on. I see your choice in processing was to get a dreamy look. Perhaps to much for some, but I thinks they look great.

Thank you for the kind words & for looking/commenting,

Apr 22, 2014 at 02:25 PM
       end

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.