Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Testing Tamron 150-600 with 7D hand holding hiking along river came acro...

carlzsliMD
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Testing Tamron 150-600 with 7D hand holding hiking along river came across eagles fighting

I was walking along the river to see some ducks with my combination of 7D and Tamron 150-600. I shot everything with hand hold and all at 600mm F6.3-F8.
Welcome all comments and critical. And if you would like to try to do the raw file processing, I can share these photos. I have a dropbox now for large files. Thanks!

cropped

Edited on Feb 16, 2014 at 09:12 PM · View previous versions

Feb 15, 2014 at 09:40 PM
carlzsliMD
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Testing Tamron 150-600 with 7D hand holding hiking along river came across eagles fighting

I replaced the cloudy day photos with sunny day ones.

Edited on Feb 16, 2014 at 09:09 PM · View previous versions

Feb 15, 2014 at 09:43 PM
Firefighterjos
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Testing Tamron 150-600 with 7D hand holding hiking along river came across eagles fighting

How you like it ?

Feb 15, 2014 at 09:44 PM
carlzsliMD
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Testing Tamron 150-600 with 7D hand holding hiking along river came across eagles fighting

It is light and pretty sharp when light is good enough. What do you think of the images?

Feb 15, 2014 at 09:52 PM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Testing Tamron 150-600 with 7D hand holding hiking along river came across eagles fighting

Hello
That must have been exciting to see this action! You have a nice lens, I have this lens also. There are known issues with it tracking properly when in the AI Servo (continuous tracking) mode. HOWEVER, don't judge this lens of any lens of its ability in this kind of light! If you don't have good contrast the AF system will struggle with just about any lens.
I see you had +2/3 exposure, perhaps +1 2/3 may have been better but this is crummy light no matter what. The crops are huge that you are posting and for that they don't look all that bad. Fill the viewfinder with more subject in weather like this and you will greatly increase the quality of image you get

You will much better appreciate you lens when the lights are on! Have fun, don't sweat the processing until you have better light to evaluate the images, keep practicing

Karl

Feb 15, 2014 at 10:08 PM
carlzsliMD
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Testing Tamron 150-600 with 7D hand holding hiking along river came across eagles fighting

Thank you, Karl! Shaking hands!

Feb 15, 2014 at 10:47 PM
Owlcat
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Testing Tamron 150-600 with 7D hand holding hiking along river came across eagles fighting

what iso were you using for the juvies? those seem quite noisy when cropped. Nonetheless it's always neat to see eagle images. Did you have any issues with the ai servo tracking?

Feb 15, 2014 at 10:59 PM
carlzsliMD
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Testing Tamron 150-600 with 7D hand holding hiking along river came across eagles fighting

I was using a 7D, so the images were noisy when ISO was high.

Feb 16, 2014 at 07:50 AM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Testing Tamron 150-600 with 7D hand holding hiking along river came across eagles fighting

You did give yourself quite a set of challenges and all things considered not too bad. I expect you will find the circumstances that best fit this lens/camera combo. You can't try to compare it to other lenses costing many times more. It will produce very nice images and give you much enjoyment hopefully for years to come.
Eric

Feb 16, 2014 at 08:08 AM
carlzsliMD
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Testing Tamron 150-600 with 7D hand holding hiking along river came across eagles fighting

I went out to continue the testing. It was sunny day but there is only one eagle flying by.

Feb 16, 2014 at 09:05 PM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Testing Tamron 150-600 with 7D hand holding hiking along river came across eagles fighting

Nicely done Carl ~ Ron

Feb 16, 2014 at 10:40 PM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.