New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · The Three Amigos

KapHn8d™
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · The Three Amigos

I was going through my old camera bag yesterday and found a gen 1 Lensbaby deep in a side pocket. I had forgotten about this little bugger over the years. Anyway, the sun was out this morning and my dogs were romping about and enjoying the day, so I grabbed it and a 5D (also gen 1) that I had IR converted a few years back and took a few frames. I liked how the light cascades through the frame of the Boxer and the forced focus of the Lab shot. I know I missed the intended focal plane on the Yorkie, but I'm a tad out of practice. Ha! Anyway, it was a neat find and I've set an intention to use it more regularly. I just thought I'd share the first few moments of our reuniting.

http://imageshack.com/a/img32/5715/bvcp.jpg

Feb 15, 2014 at 11:56 AM
KapHn8d™
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · The Three Amigos

Maybe I should have posted 3 different amigos

Eiger, Jungfrau, and Monch:

http://farm1.staticflickr.com/157/335533322_0794df612f_o.jpg

Feb 16, 2014 at 11:59 AM
xnevp

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · The Three Amigos

that last show is straight face melting. well done.

Feb 16, 2014 at 08:07 PM
SS-Cote
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · The Three Amigos

Now and then I hear about the lensbaby, but I'm not exactly sure what to to with one.

Love that landscape. Interesting the way the slope of the building follows the slope of the land in an (almost) continuous line.

Feb 16, 2014 at 10:21 PM
KapHn8d™
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · The Three Amigos

Thanks. I'm not very good with the push/squeeze timing at f/2, but looking forward to more practice for sure. Shooting with the IR converted body lends itself to interesting results in and of itself.

The landscape was done in color and converted. 1Ds II with ND grads and circular polarizer. I want to say the alignment of the roof and the sloping background was planned, but IIRC, I was trying to hide something behind the barn and this was a serendipitous result.

Cheers!
/c

Feb 18, 2014 at 01:21 PM

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.