Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2014 · 10/04/14 Long Beach, CA wedding inquiry

aspirebooth
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · 10/04/14 Long Beach, CA wedding inquiry

Then you found two photographers willing to work for less than they would make at McDonald's. Does that not worry you?

A qualified second shooter is going to be asking for $1000 to for the amount of time you are requesting.

Sounds to me like you've found a couple of people that are just doing weddings in their spare time and not dedicated photographers.

Whenever a deal sounds too good to be true it is. Anybody giving you two photographers for that amount of time either:

A) aren't qualified.

B) aren't paying the second photographer.

C) aren't spending quality time editing photos.

There is just no way the second photographer is a qualified photographer as they wouldn't be giving their time away for free. If they owned their own photography business I'd need to ask why they would be willing to work for next to nothing rather than take their own paying event around the same time frame.

Always ask yourself, why, why, why, why. A lot of things just don't add up.

Mar 03, 2014 at 12:42 PM
Bmciver

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · 10/04/14 Long Beach, CA wedding inquiry

Sorry, but none of those are true. We've done our research and our photographer is very reputable, trustworthy, and professional. I've already told you her experience level. She does photography as a full time business, certainly not "in her spare time."

You don't know her, you don't know us, and you're making a lot of unnecessary assumptions.

We've hired a photographer we are very happy with. Just let it go.

I'm going to figure out how to delete this thread now. I've received way too much unsolicited (that's right, I didn't ask for it) advice based on people assuming they know a lot more than they do.

Mar 03, 2014 at 12:49 PM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.