Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2014 · Cliff Mautner Podcast

Ziffl3
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Cliff Mautner Podcast

This is a good listen for me. We can always learn form shooters who have been shooting for a while.

Thanks Carey.
Cliff has some good points.

Mar 01, 2014 at 12:28 PM
BKphotography
• • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Cliff Mautner Podcast

Yep, caught this one the other day.

I enjoy the good natured banter from you guys... I think its a Canadian thing

Cliff brought up some really good points and to be honest some not so good ones too imo.

Keep up the good work fellas

Cheers!
BK

Mar 02, 2014 at 09:07 AM
CareyNash
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Cliff Mautner Podcast

BKphotography wrote:
Yep, caught this one the other day.

I enjoy the good natured banter from you guys... I think its a Canadian thing

Cliff brought up some really good points and to be honest some not so good ones too imo.

Keep up the good work fellas

Cheers!
BK

I'm curious what thoughts you considered not so good? And which you thought were valuable? What I've found from doing the interviews and podcasts is that after each talk I find one or two new things that really make me think and appreciate more, and some that solidify my personal feelings and approaches.

Mar 02, 2014 at 12:15 PM
BKphotography
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Cliff Mautner Podcast

It wasn't anything major that I disagreed with, it really just reminded me that how we go about capturing our images differently is what makes us stand out from the crowd.

He mentioned using bounce flash during the preps wasn't the best idea and using only available was the way to go. I personally use it more than I don't... no biggie.

He also mentioned that he doesn't crop, or if he does its a rare occurrence. I don't see anything wrong with cropping and I think there is a bit of snobbery that is attached to that way of thinking.

There was a good post on a Facebook group that is made up from quite a few Fmers from past and present that showed a classic image and how the use of cropping really made it stand out.

As for the good points that Cliff made, well there were tons and I'm sure I will listen to it again just so they stick in my mind a little better. I did like when he said he asked the couple what they would like to see photographically... so basic but so important.

I may have caught him wrong on these points as I was busy taking photos when I listening to the podcast but on a whole it was a really enjoyed it.

Look forward to hearing more from you two guys.

One more thing. I don't know what Kelly and yourself look like but I kinda picture this...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_FHE8EnW6LoI/TOrU6eT7v0I/AAAAAAAAAuo/mcYtTKiySCY/s1600/bobanddoug1.jpg

Mar 02, 2014 at 03:24 PM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.