New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Phottix Aion "half press" Focusing

Game Changer
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Phottix Aion "half press" Focusing

Phottix "customer service" is non-existent so I'm gonna ask if anyone here may have any insight to my problem.

I have the Phottix Aion Wireless Timer and Shutter Release. (http://www.phottix.com/en/phottix-aion.html) I use it for Long Exposure photography and it really works well in so far as the Long Exposure Timer function. For the life of me I cannot get the "half press" of the shutter button feature for AF to work in any of the modes.

I have the same issue with the Nikon D3s and the D600 with several lenses. AF is 'On".

Anyone else have this issue??

Feb 14, 2014 at 11:58 AM
runamuck
• • • • • •
[X]
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Phottix Aion "half press" Focusing

I've had other Phottix triggers. The button is extremely sensitive with almost NO feel. Set your camera to focus priority and it will fire when focus is achieved.

Feb 16, 2014 at 09:29 PM
Game Changer
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Phottix Aion "half press" Focusing

runamuck wrote:
I've had other Phottix triggers. The button is extremely sensitive with almost NO feel. Set your camera to focus priority and it will fire when focus is achieved.

I just tried this and unfortunately it still will not focus. In fact, when I put it in Focus Priority mode, the Phottix does not fire the shutter at all.

I believe I got a bad unit. Back to Amazon it goes!
I like to try wireless gadgets and my experience has been hit and miss with wireless gizmos in general. I will reorder a new copy and see it the problem continues.

Thanks for your help.

Mike

Feb 17, 2014 at 12:26 PM
runamuck
• • • • • •
[X]
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Phottix Aion "half press" Focusing

Go to B&H and look at Vello Free wave.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/750015-REG/Vello_RW_N2_FreeWave_Wireless_Remote_Shutter.html

Buy one transmitter/receiver. Toss in 7 dollar cords to fit your cameras. The link above is for the unit shipped with a DC-2 connector. Connectors are interchangeable. I have one that works everything from a D70S to a D800. I just change the wire that plugs into the camera's remote control port.

Feb 17, 2014 at 12:46 PM
Gord SW Ont

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Phottix Aion "half press" Focusing

I have a Phottix Aion Wireless Timer and Shutter Release and it works great with no problems.

As mentioned in a previous post, the half press is very sensitive so look for the green light to show it is focused (rather than a click).

If that doesn't work then I think you are correct that it is probably a defective unit.

Feb 19, 2014 at 08:40 PM
Game Changer
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Phottix Aion "half press" Focusing

OK...problem solved.

I got the replacement and it works great! Thanks for all the input!
I bought it through Amazon and the return was easy. They even paid for the UPS at-my-door pickup.

Feb 24, 2014 at 08:22 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.