Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Juvenile Eagles and Red tailed hawk.

Owlcat
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Juvenile Eagles and Red tailed hawk.

Saw them flying around the same area. Then saw the eagle perched in another area later.

Feb 13, 2014 at 07:15 PM
gschrade
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Juvenile Eagles and Red tailed hawk.

Good finds on these, but they are soft or out of focus. Keep it up though! You can learn much from the folks here.

George

Feb 13, 2014 at 10:51 PM
Owlcat
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Juvenile Eagles and Red tailed hawk.

gschrade wrote:
Good finds on these, but they are soft or out of focus. Keep it up though! You can learn much from the folks here.

George

I can see what you are saying. I do think I need a bit more focal length to make it easier. 300mm isn't quite enough for some. Going to have that issue taken care off pretty soon though.

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:55 PM
birdied
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Juvenile Eagles and Red tailed hawk.

It is always such a joy to find these guys . It does get quite frustrating when you need longer focal length if you can't get closer. Keep enjoying and keep shooting Have you tried a TC with your 300?

Birdie

Feb 14, 2014 at 12:31 AM
Owlcat
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Juvenile Eagles and Red tailed hawk.

it decreases IQ terribly. I am going to get an older prime lens though. Also have a 400 that had to be sent in to repair t he autofocus.

Feb 14, 2014 at 09:44 AM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Juvenile Eagles and Red tailed hawk.

Hi Owlcat, what lens is this? Try to leave you EXIF intact on export and then we can see what is going on. This doesn't look like a soft lens to me or a distance thing/cropping. I think it is either an atmospheric issue (invisible to the naked eye and in the VF) or some AF issue.

What body, settings and lens would be helpful.

Thanks for sharing,
Geoff

Feb 14, 2014 at 09:57 AM
Owlcat
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Juvenile Eagles and Red tailed hawk.

it is the 55-300 nikon on d7000. shot at iso 400 f-5.6 1/2000. I use af-c with 21 points. I must admit that until I recently got the d7k I have not used af-c though. I might also note that on some of these they were kind of upward. Could it possibly be camera shake even though I have vr? Also how do I leave the exif intact? It remains. It seems when I make a web file it loses it.

Feb 14, 2014 at 12:42 PM
Owlcat
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Juvenile Eagles and Red tailed hawk.

I suppose I can manually enter that info at the bottom it would just be another task.

Feb 14, 2014 at 12:49 PM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.