Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Lubricant splatters on 1dx sensor?

form
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lubricant splatters on 1dx sensor?

Browsing the Canon official forums for the first time ever, and looking at a 1dx thread about the firmware update to see what differences it made...and I see someone posting about lubricant splatters on all 3 of his 1dx's, visible at small apertures like f/16 and needing to be PP'd out of his images all the time.

Anyone else know/hear about this?

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:33 AM
Monito
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lubricant splatters on 1dx sensor?

form wrote:
Browsing the Canon official forums for the first time ever, and looking at a 1dx thread about the firmware update to see what differences it made...and I see someone posting about lubricant splatters on all 3 of his 1dx's, visible at small apertures like f/16 and needing to be PP'd out of his images all the time. Anyone else know/hear about this?

Please don't troll. This has been extensively dealt with in the forums some time ago. Do your homework and search FM and elsewhere to read up about.

Nothing in your OP indicates that you have any "skin in the game"; you don't own a 1D-X and you do not indicate you are likely to buy one. So I sense that you are just muckracking a dead issue to get your jollies denigrating Canon, yet again.

Please stop.

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:37 AM
form
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lubricant splatters on 1dx sensor?

I ask because I am casually considering my options for a possible camera purchase, and I was definitely thinking about selling my 5d3 and a few other cameras to get a 1dx. Any technical problems with a camera I am thinking of buying are pretty important to me, and since I didn't see any threads about that issue on here (though plenty about D600 sensor oil), I wanted to know if it was a well-known and serious issue. It could make someone like me say "never mind" to the idea of buying one.

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:39 AM
Jefferson
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lubricant splatters on 1dx sensor?

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:40 AM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Lubricant splatters on 1dx sensor?

If you just google that term....you'll see if it was ever posted on FM or any other sites.

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:42 AM
Monito
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Lubricant splatters on 1dx sensor?

form wrote:
It could make someone like me say "never mind" to the idea of buying one.

I wish you would say "never mind" to buying Canon ever again. Please sell your terrible Canon cameras and lenses and keep your terrible Nikony cameras and buy terrible SoNikon cameras from now on. After all, SoNikony says “A Photographer Is Only as Good as the Equipment He Uses”. You are a male person, right?

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:50 AM
form
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Lubricant splatters on 1dx sensor?

Okay I found a related thread thanks.

Feb 13, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Jefferson
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Lubricant splatters on 1dx sensor?

... Soon to appear related thread? ... Playing on a fourm near you ...

Feb 13, 2014 at 12:05 PM
jasonpatrick
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Lubricant splatters on 1dx sensor?

Hahahaha, you said, "lubricant".

Feb 13, 2014 at 02:35 PM
Monito
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Lubricant splatters on 1dx sensor?

jasonpatrick wrote:
Hahahaha, you said, "lubricant".

Undoubtedly you find driving automobiles hilarious. Either that or perhaps you need to look up the psychiatric technique of "free association" and what it reveals.

Feb 13, 2014 at 03:20 PM
jasonpatrick
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Lubricant splatters on 1dx sensor?

Humor is my coping mechanism for dealing with trolls. I should be able to see who started the forum and resist...but I'm not strong enough. I blame myself.

Feb 13, 2014 at 03:46 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.