Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Pinterest - Business Account ? any Pros/Cons to report?

DblDrgn
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Pinterest - Business Account ? any Pros/Cons to report?

I'm wondering if anyone has anything to report regarding Pinterest's Business accounts... please let me know of any advantages or disadvantages.

Are there any pro's / cons of switching your account from personal to business? I'm also open to any advice regarding how your use of Pinterest is helping your business. Now, I just pin random things like any personal user, but my pins are somewhat related to wedding photography and other interests of mine. I'll also pin a few of my wedding photos from time to time.

Feb 12, 2014 at 02:08 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Pinterest - Business Account ? any Pros/Cons to report?

DblDrgn wrote:
I'm also open to any advice regarding how your use of Pinterest is helping your business.

What's Pinterest.

Feb 13, 2014 at 12:41 AM
dhp_sf
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Pinterest - Business Account ? any Pros/Cons to report?

I set up an account, but I never use it. I have traced my analytics and get some traffic through pinterest (i allow my photos to be pinned). So I think having that functionality can bring in traffic. Pinning your own stuff might be good if you actually have a following of people keeping an eye on what you're pinning, but imo I think it'd be silly to have people following your pinning of other people's work.

The nice thing is if you're using a pinterest plugin to allow your images to be pinned, people browsing can see "more from" your site, then all of the sudden they're looking at a bunch of pins of your work that other people have gathered if that makes sense.

Not sure if that answers your question since i don't actively USE pinterest.

Feb 13, 2014 at 01:30 AM
awad
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Pinterest - Business Account ? any Pros/Cons to report?

All our traffic from Pinterest comes from blogs featuring our stuff, not us pinning it. The big blogs have a ton of followers so that always leads to a big increase in traffic from Pinterest. Green Wedding Shoes for example, has over 2 million followers on their Pinterest board. Ruffled has almost 4 million. Style Me Pretty has almost 6 million. Personally I think that's the best way to gain traction on Pinterest. Get your work featured on those blogs and the Pinterest traffic will follow.

Feb 13, 2014 at 01:37 AM
swoop
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Pinterest - Business Account ? any Pros/Cons to report?

D. Diggler wrote:
What's Pinterest.

Ditto.

Feb 13, 2014 at 02:18 AM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Pinterest - Business Account ? any Pros/Cons to report?

awad wrote:
Green Wedding Shoes for example, has over 2 million followers on their Pinterest board. Ruffled has almost 4 million.

Never heard of Green Wedding Shoes nor Ruffled.

Feb 13, 2014 at 03:33 AM
dhp_sf
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Pinterest - Business Account ? any Pros/Cons to report?

D. Diggler wrote:

http://bit.ly/1aXwTG6
http://bit.ly/1aXx5VT

Feb 13, 2014 at 03:58 AM
awad
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Pinterest - Business Account ? any Pros/Cons to report?

D. Diggler wrote:

I know.

Feb 13, 2014 at 12:12 PM
DblDrgn
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Pinterest - Business Account ? any Pros/Cons to report?

D.Diggler: dude I don't get it, are you joking or do you really not know about these popular blogs and websites?! If it's a joke, it's not actually funny.

Anyway, let's see your website, I'm calling you out. Let's see your work Diggler. It's really difficult to find anything useful in your posts if we can't see your work. I challenge you to not post anymore until we can see what you're all about.

Feb 13, 2014 at 04:03 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Pinterest - Business Account ? any Pros/Cons to report?

DblDrgn wrote:
D.Diggler: dude I don't get it, are you joking or do you really not know about these popular blogs and websites?! If it's a joke, it's not actually funny.

No, I'm not joking.

As to Pinterest, I think I went there once about six months ago for literally 30 seconds. Totally boring. Nothing I would be interested in. My point in my reply to you was that I don't use Pinterest for business.

As to Green Wedding Shoes and Ruffle, the first time I ever heard of those sites is when A Wad mentioned them here in this thread.

Feb 14, 2014 at 01:13 AM
DblDrgn
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Pinterest - Business Account ? any Pros/Cons to report?

Ok I thought you had to be kidding.

Dig, please do me a favor— post a link to your website/portfolio or simply share it with me via PM. Like I said earlier, it's really difficult to find anything useful in your posts if you hide your work from the rest of us. We're a visual crowd. You post a lot but I notice that you are one of the only people who post often and hide your work... Seeing your work would help us all understand where you're coming from.

Feb 16, 2014 at 11:23 AM
kaycephoto
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Pinterest - Business Account ? any Pros/Cons to report?

I'm familiar with Pinterest, though I myself haven't used it thus far..

I just wanted to add one thought to this conversation - it's sometimes helpful to have lots of different outlets that feature your photography (social media, magazines, etc etc) because exposure obviously never hurts but I've learned over the years that sometimes it's more beneficial to also limit the time you have to spend monitoring 5042 websites/accounts at diff places & just to focus on the most important handful to you.

my 2 cents

Feb 16, 2014 at 05:28 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.