Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              16      
       end

Official: Sony Alpha A6000 Mirrorless announced

mountain_drew
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.17 #1 · p.17 #1 · Official: Sony Alpha A6000 Mirrorless announced

joekraft wrote:
I just read that they omitted the virtual level on this one. That's disappointing, I really appreciate that feature. Does anyone know if that is a hardware thing, or can it be added later?

I think that Sony willingly let this feature out. The NEX-6 sold much better than the NEX-7 because the NEX-6 had many things the 7 didn't (AF, better high ISO).Sony's getting better at differentiating their cameras.
The price point as well as the few missing features highly suggest that they plan to release a higher end APS-C camera.

Apr 27, 2014 at 01:14 AM
joekraft
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.17 #2 · p.17 #2 · Official: Sony Alpha A6000 Mirrorless announced

I'm not aware of the full list of features missing from the 6 to the 6000, but I might keep both then. That's irritating that they did that.

Apr 27, 2014 at 01:56 AM
zephoto
• •
p.17 #3 · p.17 #3 · Official: Sony Alpha A6000 Mirrorless announced

Well, after today I am not regretting my NEX-6 to A6000 upgrade at all. This thing has some friggin dynamic range and sharp resolution. I'm digging it! I was in a very bright outdoor event today and it handled it quite well w/ the Zeiss 12mm. Check the A6000 image thread later for some shots.

May 18, 2014 at 06:46 PM
atwl77
• •
p.17 #4 · p.17 #4 · Official: Sony Alpha A6000 Mirrorless announced

So, now that the A6000 has been out for awhile, has there been any consensus about its sensor performance with rangefinder glass? Is it more like the NEX7 with color shift issues or like the other 16MP models which are more tolerant to color shifts and smearing?

May 21, 2014 at 03:04 PM
zephoto
• •
p.17 #5 · p.17 #5 · Official: Sony Alpha A6000 Mirrorless announced

Found my first issue with the cam. It seems that it does not like fluorescent lights very much at least close up. I was getting a strange yellow banding or gradient in the viewfinder and on one picture it actually transferred to the image. What should have been white was yellow on the bottom half of the image... very strange.

May 23, 2014 at 07:27 PM
AhamB
• • • • •
p.17 #6 · p.17 #6 · Official: Sony Alpha A6000 Mirrorless announced

^Can you show an example pic?

May 23, 2014 at 07:42 PM
mcbroomf
• • • •
p.17 #7 · p.17 #7 · Official: Sony Alpha A6000 Mirrorless announced

zephoto wrote:
Found my first issue with the cam. It seems that it does not like fluorescent lights very much at least close up. I was getting a strange yellow banding or gradient in the viewfinder and on one picture it actually transferred to the image. What should have been white was yellow on the bottom half of the image... very strange.

Fluorescent lights tend to cycle, that's not unusual. I have a colleague who shoots basketball and he's shown me some really weird stuff.

May 23, 2014 at 08:00 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jeff Kott
• • •
p.17 #8 · p.17 #8 · Official: Sony Alpha A6000 Mirrorless announced

atwl77 wrote:
So, now that the A6000 has been out for awhile, has there been any consensus about its sensor performance with rangefinder glass? Is it more like the NEX7 with color shift issues or like the other 16MP models which are more tolerant to color shifts and smearing?

I would like to know the answer to this question too and I think many others would. Anybody?

May 23, 2014 at 08:30 PM
Jeff Kott
• • •
p.17 #9 · p.17 #9 · Official: Sony Alpha A6000 Mirrorless announced

Another question is how does MF on the A6000 with the lower resolution VF compare to the Nex 7?

You would think on the Alt forum someone would have looked at how well RF wides work on the A6000 as well as how well it works for MF.

May 23, 2014 at 11:05 PM
Lotusm50
• • • • •
p.17 #10 · p.17 #10 · Official: Sony Alpha A6000 Mirrorless announced

Hmmm. I don't like fluorescent light very much close up either.

zephoto wrote:
Found my first issue with the cam. It seems that it does not like fluorescent lights very much at least close up.

May 23, 2014 at 11:45 PM
atwl77
• •
p.17 #11 · p.17 #11 · Official: Sony Alpha A6000 Mirrorless announced

No camera does well with fluorescent lighting. Depending on the quality of the ballast, frequency of the cycling and your shutter speed, you are going to get color bands.

In order to avoid the banding you generally have to shoot at, or slower, than the light's cycling frequency.

See how bad the lighting is in my living room (5DIII with 50/1.2L):

May 24, 2014 at 01:37 AM
zephoto
• •
p.17 #12 · p.17 #12 · Official: Sony Alpha A6000 Mirrorless announced

A-HAH! Thank you that explains it. I guess I've just never noticed or experienced this before with my cameras especially since the viewfinder also becomes yellowed/banding.

I'm not too worried as I don't often take many pictures on my workbench which has a close fluorescent tube. I've shot in garages that have them and had no issues w/ the A6000. I guess as you mention it is hit and miss when it affects the image.

May 24, 2014 at 03:50 AM
zephoto
• •
p.17 #13 · p.17 #13 · Official: Sony Alpha A6000 Mirrorless announced

Lotusm50 wrote:
Hmmm. I don't like fluorescent light very much close up either.

I have one on my work bench and I took a picture of a piece of paper on it. It then gave the yellow banding pictured.

May 24, 2014 at 03:52 AM
       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password