Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              11      
       13              16       17       end

Official: Sony Alpha A6000 Mirrorless announced

mcbroomf
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.12 #1 · Official: Sony Alpha A6000 Mirrorless announced

That is pretty cool ... thanks

Mar 18, 2014 at 02:06 PM
Ssteve

p.12 #2 · Official: Sony Alpha A6000 Mirrorless announced

So excited about this little camera, and please everyone keep the links coming as more info pops up on it. I have always shot full frame but with a baby on the way I can't think of a better camera to keep in the dipper bag.

Mar 18, 2014 at 03:26 PM
BlueBomberTurbo
• •
p.12 #3 · Official: Sony Alpha A6000 Mirrorless announced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cH4_7DlINI

I'd say nearly as fast as a DSLR.

Mar 18, 2014 at 03:38 PM
Ssteve

p.12 #4 · Official: Sony Alpha A6000 Mirrorless announced

seems like a poor test

Mar 19, 2014 at 12:18 AM
ken.vs.ryu
• • • •
p.12 #5 · Official: Sony Alpha A6000 Mirrorless announced

kewlcanon wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohX8XZRMp2Y

This test is better.

Mar 19, 2014 at 12:29 AM
kewlcanon
• • • •
p.12 #6 · Official: Sony Alpha A6000 Mirrorless announced

Some more ...

Menu:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wscaEDaXdiU&list=UU_NlkiLtoPVHWuByWvF64Fw

AF-S acquisition compare to other Sony bodies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQseRKGruRA&list=UU_NlkiLtoPVHWuByWvF64Fw

Mar 19, 2014 at 12:55 AM
doogie2304
• •
p.12 #7 · Official: Sony Alpha A6000 Mirrorless announced

Well, I picked up one of these last Friday (Sony Australia seem to be doing everything first at the moment...). It came with the 16-50 kit lens (which I doubt I will use very often) and I also bought the Sony Zeiss 24 f1.8 and the Sony 50mm f1.8 oss. I haven't had much opportunity to use it yet, but a day at the art gallery with my daughters provided some good shots.

The verdict so far: The camera and the two primes are great. The A6000 is probably not any better than the vast array of cameras out there in the same market segment, but I really do like it. What I don't like is Sony's feeble attempt at an instruction manual - it lists the menu options but doesn't fully explain what they do, or in some cases (setting the memory recall) explaining how to do it. I have spent hours playing with the menus but some of the things just don't work (yet...). Anyway, as more people get this camera, there will be more information around for getting the best out of it.

And best of all, it's a lot lighter than my 1dx...

Mar 25, 2014 at 02:39 AM
H.Lux
• •
p.12 #8 · Official: Sony Alpha A6000 Mirrorless announced

Mine is on the way. Pretty earlier than expected.

Mar 25, 2014 at 08:07 AM
lumis beans
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.12 #9 · Official: Sony Alpha A6000 Mirrorless announced

They seem to be in the hands of many now. So, the usual... has anyone tried any wide RF glass out yet?

Mar 26, 2014 at 02:31 AM
Alpha_Geist
• •
p.12 #10 · Official: Sony Alpha A6000 Mirrorless announced

I imagine the wide RF glass would be fine on the crop AXXXX series since they played nice on the NEX series. Right?

Mar 26, 2014 at 02:33 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

lumis beans
• •
p.12 #11 · Official: Sony Alpha A6000 Mirrorless announced

Alpha_Geist wrote:
I imagine the wide RF glass would be fine on the crop AXXXX series since they played nice on the NEX series. Right?

The NEX-7 has a 24MP sensor. There were issues. I believe mostly color shift, don't recall much about smearing.

The 16MP sensors do better, but color shift still exists with some wides. I think all were readily dealt with by Cornerfix or Flat Field plug-in.

Mar 26, 2014 at 02:48 AM
Alpha_Geist
• •
p.12 #12 · Official: Sony Alpha A6000 Mirrorless announced

lumis beans wrote:
The NEX-7 has a 24MP sensor. There were issues. I believe mostly color shift, don't recall much about smearing.

The 16MP sensors do better, but color shift still exists with some wides. I think all were readily dealt with by Cornerfix or Flat Field plug-in.

Bummer.

Well, hopefully some of the new owners with RF wides will post in the NEX/AXXXX image threads with their results/findings.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Mar 26, 2014 at 06:34 AM
H.Lux
• •
p.12 #13 · Official: Sony Alpha A6000 Mirrorless announced

I got hands on mine and took it to compare it side by side with my NEX-7. At first it feels very similar to the NEX-7. But operating it is a bit different.
There are two dials at the top right. One is for operating mode and the other for adjusting e.g. aperture when in time automatic mode. Other than on the NEX they are much stiffer to move. Unintended operation is much more unlikely. The same is true for the for-way dial. I found the viewfinder to be sufficient in resolution and good in color. It seems to have a better refresh rate because there is no stutter when you move the camera. The movie button lies a bit better than on the NEX-7, but nonetheless I pushed it once unintentionally. Menus come in tabs. In total I find operation of the Alpha6000 way better than that of NEX-7.
It exposes a bit lower than the NEX. Therefore the tests for dynamic range side by side with my NEX-7 failed. I found less CA with the G45 mounted, but this could also be due to lower exposure.
First pics at ISO100 look pretty the same as with NEX-7. I will test more and under more difficult conditions in the near future.

Enjoy,
Stefan

Mar 26, 2014 at 09:31 PM
zephoto
• •
p.12 #14 · Official: Sony Alpha A6000 Mirrorless announced

If this has been answered I apologize but I've searched high and low for a full menu video or pictures of the A6000 and can't find it, thus I don't know the answer...

does the A6000 feature "Pre-AF: ON/OFF" like the A7 has? If it does, that + the changed menus would be reason enough for me to upgrade from the NEX-6 (and the additional pixels/BIONZ processor).

Mar 28, 2014 at 12:33 AM
mountain_drew
• •
p.12 #15 · Official: Sony Alpha A6000 Mirrorless announced

Yes, you can turn the pre-af OFF

Mar 28, 2014 at 12:54 AM
zephoto
• •
p.12 #16 · Official: Sony Alpha A6000 Mirrorless announced

mountain_drew wrote:
Yes, you can turn the pre-af OFF

Ohhhhh cripes... gonna have to upgrade then. That + the menu change + megapixels is worth it in my book. Thank you for the quick response.

Mar 28, 2014 at 01:34 AM
lumis beans
• •
p.12 #17 · Official: Sony Alpha A6000 Mirrorless announced

zephoto wrote:
Ohhhhh cripes... gonna have to upgrade then. That + the menu change + megapixels is worth it in my book. Thank you for the quick response.

And, unlike the NEX-6, you can choose b/w EVF or LCD only. No more guts, nipples, vulvas, elbows, knees and toes tripping the EVF sensor and killing LCD just when you need it most.

http://www.filedropper.com/a7first

Edited on Apr 28, 2014 at 01:54 AM · View previous versions

Mar 28, 2014 at 01:42 AM
mountain_drew
• •
p.12 #18 · Official: Sony Alpha A6000 Mirrorless announced

I think Sony did some very interesting but subtle improvements. This, combined with the firmware updates that added PDAF for third party lenses, gives me hope that they are heading the right way. They still have some catch up to do to in some aspects compared to their competitors but the price/performance ratio is pretty good. Now we need a flagship APS-C e-mount camera!

Mar 28, 2014 at 01:55 AM
nianys
• •
p.12 #19 · Official: Sony Alpha A6000 Mirrorless announced

Had it for two days, it's very, very good. And I still keeping my NEX7 over it, but then again, I've never found a cam that can replace it for me, not the D600, not the 6D, not the XE-1 or NEX6 or any other.
The 6000 is just fantastic, but I feel, superb AF performance aside, the NEX7 still has the edge in the elegant simplicity of its TriNavi, larger EVF, brighter native exposure (that is very true), more pleasant WB, and overall superb IQ.
You can see three posts related to the A6000 by heading here :

http://itsnotthecamera.wordpress.com/2014/03/25/sony-a6000-very-first-impressions/

Mar 28, 2014 at 06:24 AM
jim bennett
• • •
p.12 #20 · Official: Sony Alpha A6000 Mirrorless announced

nianys wrote:
Had it for two days, it's very, very good. And I still keeping my NEX7 over it, but then again, I've never found a cam that can replace it for me, not the D600, not the 6D, not the XE-1 or NEX6 or any other.
The 6000 is just fantastic, but I feel, superb AF performance aside, the NEX7 still has the edge in the elegant simplicity of its TriNavi, larger EVF, brighter native exposure (that is very true), more pleasant WB, and overall superb IQ.
You can see three posts related to the A6000 by heading here :

http://itsnotthecamera.wordpress.com/2014/03/25/sony-a6000-very-first-impressions/

Have you tried the 11 fps continuous mode with AF? Curious as to how good it is.

Mar 28, 2014 at 06:23 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password