Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Monthly Assignment 52 - Reflections
Deadline: September 1st noon UTC/GMT

MA Rules Current entries
  

FM Forums | Monthly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

  

#118 Bronze Angel and White Camellia
  
 
Strad
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · #118 Bronze Angel and White Camellia


I have this beautiful antique bronze statue and thought it looked nice holding this sort of old-fashioned camellia flower. I hope you like it.

Later addendum: I posted a B & W version at the B & W forum and a color version at the Nature Forum. Based on the feedback I got over there, I think I will switch this out for the B & W version, which probably looks more "antique" anyhow.






Edited on Feb 12, 2014 at 08:23 AM · View previous versions



Feb 11, 2014 at 11:18 PM
pike40
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · #118 Bronze Angel and White Camellia


Strad wrote:
I have this beautiful antique bronze statue and thought it looked nice holding this sort of old-fashioned camellia flower. I hope you like it.



I do like it, very nice.



Feb 12, 2014 at 01:11 AM
Strad
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · #118 Bronze Angel and White Camellia



thanks so much! I'm glad!

All the best,

Endre

pike40 wrote:
I do like it, very nice.




Feb 12, 2014 at 02:24 AM
bouchto
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · #118 Bronze Angel and White Camellia


Endre,
The statue as you have photographed it is beautiful and by adding the flower you have turned a beautiful statue into a winner! The flower adds so much by catching light and adding a soft shadow that gives your photograph great depth.
Best of luck,
Tom



Feb 12, 2014 at 04:12 PM
Strad
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · #118 Bronze Angel and White Camellia


Thanks so much, Tom! It's so great to hear from you. It's been a long time! I hope all is well with you.

I'm delighted that you like it! I keep going back and forth between this B & W version and the color version. If you have a moment, could you take a look at the color version and let me know which you prefer? http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1273147 That would be most helpful.

All best wishes,

Endre

bouchto wrote:
Endre,
The statue as you have photographed it is beautiful and by adding the flower you have turned a beautiful statue into a winner! The flower adds so much by catching light and adding a soft shadow that gives your photograph great depth.
Best of luck,
Tom



Feb 12, 2014 at 07:52 PM
bouchto
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · #118 Bronze Angel and White Camellia


Hi Endre,
Yes it has been a very long time and it is good to be back. I viewed both the color and the B&W version and I think the B&W has something that rings true to the assignment better. That is just my opinion and I feel you have two great images, I just like the B&W best.
Best of luck,
Tom



Feb 13, 2014 at 04:15 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Strad
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · #118 Bronze Angel and White Camellia


Thanks, Tom! Your opinion is very valued and I will stick with this version as a result.

All best wishes,

Endre

bouchto wrote:
Hi Endre,
Yes it has been a very long time and it is good to be back. I viewed both the color and the B&W version and I think the B&W has something that rings true to the assignment better. That is just my opinion and I feel you have two great images, I just like the B&W best.
Best of luck,
Tom




Feb 14, 2014 at 01:54 AM
James Markus
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · #118 Bronze Angel and White Camellia


Hi Endre, I like this bronze, and your stretching the dynamic range with the flower. Hope you and yours are well.
Jim



Feb 18, 2014 at 01:06 AM
Strad
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · #118 Bronze Angel and White Camellia


Thanks, Jim, my friend! I'm so glad you like it!

I'm fine now, after having nearly died a few weeks ago. None the worse for wear, though. It's been a long time since we've posted to one another. I hope all is well at your end, too.

Fond regards,

Endre


James Markus wrote:
Hi Endre, I like this bronze, and your stretching the dynamic range with the flower. Hope you and yours are well.
Jim



Feb 18, 2014 at 05:45 AM
Bill Sutherland
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · #118 Bronze Angel and White Camellia


I like that background too. Certainly adds to the 'antiqueness'


Feb 22, 2014 at 01:45 AM
Strad
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · #118 Bronze Angel and White Camellia


Thanks, bill! I'm glad to know that you like it!

All the best,

Endre

Bill Sutherland wrote:
I like that background too. Certainly adds to the 'antiqueness'




Feb 23, 2014 at 07:02 PM





FM Forums | Monthly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password