Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Prints on acrylic

TheDman

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Prints on acrylic

Anyone have opinions on acrylic prints? I sell at art shows, and was wondering who the best companies are to have these made, whether or not they sell, etc.

I've poked around the web and found places like Bumblejax, but a good sized print from them is quite an investment. Wasn't sure if it would sell or just be an eye catcher.

Feb 11, 2014 at 04:45 PM
24Peter
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Prints on acrylic

I was selling at an art show this weekend and had a 16"x24" acrylic print of this photo front and center of my display. It didn't sell but it did attract a lot of attention. However, it wasn't radically different looking than a bunch of glossy aluminum prints the photographer across the aisle had - in fact most buyers seemed to confuse the two mediums, at least until the acrylic print was viewed close up. Then the difference was more apparent.

I used ArtToFrames.com. They just started doing them and lump the acrylic prints in with their canvas prints. Their website is kind of a mess, but their prices are good (I had a discount code and paid approx. $45 for mine) and the quality seemed OK, though they did print it a bit brighter than the file I sent them.

I suggest trying a few small ones and see how your customers respond before investing in a really large one.

Feb 12, 2014 at 03:54 AM
Bernie
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Prints on acrylic

I haven't used Joel, but have seen his work which is top notch:

http://photographicsart.com/

Feb 13, 2014 at 03:42 PM
jefferies1
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Prints on acrylic

I have purchased a few from millers. They client liked them but they are costly. I plan on doing one for display in the studio but have not wanted to spend the money. would love to know other print options.

Feb 14, 2014 at 07:59 PM
24Peter
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Prints on acrylic

'Nother option: http://www.taylorphoto.com/cms/index.php?page=pleximounting

Feb 17, 2014 at 04:00 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

TheDman

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Prints on acrylic

Thanks for all the input, everyone. I ended up ordering a 16"x24" acrylic from Bumblejax and a 16"x24" VividMetal of the same photo from MpixPro. The acrylic was done with metallic paper, and the VividMetal was with the white base.

Despite the acrylic costing more than twice as much, there was virtually zero difference between the two. Both looked great, both were high gloss... they were so close my family kept getting the two confused. I have a feeling buyers at art shows would too.

Feb 28, 2014 at 09:12 PM
Mr Joe
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Prints on acrylic

General Graphics in Alameda California does museum quality face mounting to plexi.

Mar 05, 2014 at 03:04 PM
DougDolde
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Prints on acrylic

Best deal I have found is from http://www.d1color.com in San Diego. I believe the current price is $45 per sq ft. which included a print on Fujiflex Supergloss. Fast turnaround, you would wait forever to get West Coast Imaging to make one.

I agree they look just as good as dye infused prints on aluminum and don't scratch easily like acrylic does.

May 10, 2014 at 09:28 PM
innaeddy1
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Prints on acrylic

go one step above and have printed directly to real glass,

Andy

May 12, 2014 at 12:24 AM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password