Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              7      
       end

Canon 50mm 1.2 sharpness question

Mikael Risedal
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.8 #1 · Canon 50mm 1.2 sharpness question

yes and a answer to the thread creator questions, the 50/1,2 is not better in a comparison then it is, compared to Otus in the high end and to the Canon 50/1,4 in the low end
its a fu.... medioker lens for a lot of money

Mar 02, 2014 at 07:59 PM
Gunzorro
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.8 #2 · Canon 50mm 1.2 sharpness question

Mikael -- That's your opinion, and that's fine. But you keep punishing "fanboys" who have a differing opinion or differing experience from you.

Your point has been received multiple times on this topic and in praise of your recently acquired Otus. Congrats that you own the world's best 50mm lens! That piece of information doesn't make much difference to the majority that don't own that lens.

Sorry you can't see why people like the 50L and feel it is your duty to bludgeon them into "correct thinking".

Good luck with that!

Mar 02, 2014 at 08:16 PM
Mikael Risedal
• •
p.8 #3 · Canon 50mm 1.2 sharpness question

yes it is my opinion and a answer to thread creator question from the beginning , if he had asked after a dreamy lens with soft overall sharpness, then my answer could be , take a look at Canons 50/1.2

Mar 02, 2014 at 09:54 PM
snapsy
• • • •
p.8 #4 · Canon 50mm 1.2 sharpness question

The 50L falls into the same category as the new Nikon 58G - neither will blow the doors off MTF tests at large apertures but both are "sharp enough" with processing and both are highly valued for their other rendering qualities. Speaking from personal experience, I haven't had many shots @ 50mm ruined due to lack of sharpness but have certainly had occasions where I would have preferred better treatment of bokeh.

Mar 02, 2014 at 10:29 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

mttran
• • • • •
p.8 #5 · Canon 50mm 1.2 sharpness question

Mikael Risedal wrote:
Not at all, but Im tired of all Canon fan boys with out any experience of how a good lens should act in terms of criteria that I have already have written about

Mikael, I confess I have always been in two minds about canon zeiss glasses, but saying 50L is not a beautiful lens then we might be a little selfish in our own minds. Imo, 50 vs 55 is two complete different lenses for different application.

Mar 03, 2014 at 05:34 AM
mogud
• • •
p.8 #6 · Canon 50mm 1.2 sharpness question

Mikael, you can have your opinion about the 50L and as I have stated in previous posts, I respect your opinion not to buy the 50L. The problem arises when you resort to name calling to try and emphasize your opinion. I don't need you to point out the error of my ways when I purchased and use the 50L. So for me and others on this thread who have bought the 50L, please refrain from name calling. We are not "fanboys" because we have the 50L.

I have read all the reviews from all the sites you have made reference to in your replies prior to acquiring this lens. I understood the conclusions reached and, with eyes wide open, chose to purchase the 50L. Please respect my decision as it is just that.....my decision.

Edited on Mar 05, 2014 at 04:58 PM · View previous versions

Mar 03, 2014 at 05:59 AM
asiafish
• •
p.8 #7 · Canon 50mm 1.2 sharpness question

I know one thing, I would love to have a 50/1.2 L in my bag. I would own one, but I just can't justify the cost at present.

Mar 04, 2014 at 03:36 PM
Lasse Eriksson
• • • •
p.8 #8 · Canon 50mm 1.2 sharpness question

As usual only Mikael R knows about the Canon lens. I have been reading the same thing in the Swedish Fotosidan forum thousend times before. Only Mikael knows...............

Mar 05, 2014 at 04:11 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password