Upload & Sell: Off
| p.1 #1 · Canon 50mm 1.2 sharpness question |
I need some advice concerning my Canon 50mm 1.2 lens. I purchased this lens over a year ago but I have never been very excited about the images that are made with it. A lot of people consider it as the ultimate lens, I do like the focal length but when I shoot with a 135mm 2.0 the images are crisp and sharp. I do not seem to be able to obtain this crisp and sharp look and feel with the 50mm 1.2. I wonder if I have a bad lens or maybe it is not as sharp as I want it to be (which I doubt).
I have finally taken the time to make several shots to compare. And out of these series, only the f2.8 with -20 micro adjustment is sharp. I consider image 10, f2.0 with -20 micro adjustment acceptable. But none of the f1.2 shots are sharp.
I have already sent my lens back to Canon for calibration and they said it is within range. Not sure what they mean within range.
Maybe the more experienced photographers can tell me if this is "within range".
All images are taken with an 1dx on tripod and cropped without further editing
1. shot at f1.2 with 0 micro adjust
2. shot at f1.2 with -5 micro adjust
3. shot at f1.2 with -10 micro adjust
4. shot at f1.2 with -15 micro adjust
5. shot at f1.2 with -20 micro adjust
6. shot at f2.0 with 0 micro adjust
7. shot at f2.0 with -5 micro adjust
8. shot at f2.0 with -10 micro adjust
9. shot at f2.0 with -15 micro adjust
10. shot at f2.0 with -20 micro adjust
11. shot at f2.8 with 0 micro adjust
12. shot at f2.8 with -5 micro adjust
13. shot at f2.8 with -10 micro adjust
14. shot at f2.8 with -15 micro adjust
15. shot at f2.8 with -20 micro adjust
thanks a lot