New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · 1DX Charger Blinking Red/Green

GoDdepPaC

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 1DX Charger Blinking Red/Green

Hi everyone, I was charging one of my 1DX (LP-E4N) batteries on the LC-E4N charger and all of the lights (% indicator and Cal/Charge) started alternately blinking red/green. I detached the battery and tried again. So far, so good; it's almost fully charged. I've sent Canon an email but it'll be a day or 2 before they respond. Has anyone else had this problem before? The battery and charger are only a couple months old. Thanks

Feb 09, 2014 at 03:59 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 1DX Charger Blinking Red/Green

The 1DX manual (pg. 33) says,

Feb 09, 2014 at 05:04 PM
Mickey
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 1DX Charger Blinking Red/Green

The 1DX manual indicates that it could be either a bad battery or it's a brand of battery other than a genuine Canon.

Feb 09, 2014 at 06:19 PM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 1DX Charger Blinking Red/Green

Mickey wrote:
The 1DX manual indicates that it could be either a bad battery or it's a brand of battery other than a genuine Canon.

Could also be the charger itself - see below.

For casual readers/net surfers, it may also be the LC-E4N itself. I am in the process of contacting Canon about my LC-E4N charger* - see this thread: https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1448373

*The LC-E4N has two charging slots/bays - A and B. On my charger, slot B works perfectly with all batteries: LP-E4 and LP-E4N.

Slot A does not - flashing red and green lights irrespective of what battery/cell is inserted.

***To add to that, despite blinking, slot A will still charge batteries - though for now I am keeping my brand new LP-E4Ns away from slot A.

Edited on Sep 02, 2016 at 02:00 AM · View previous versions

Sep 01, 2016 at 08:18 PM
Deborah Kolt
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 1DX Charger Blinking Red/Green

I've had it happen to two batteries. CPS said to drain the battery, then try to calibrate and recharge. If successful and the lights turn green, it's okay to use. If not, it has to be replaced. Both mine had gone bad and had to be replaced.

Sep 01, 2016 at 11:08 PM
BobMarkey
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 1DX Charger Blinking Red/Green

I have two LC-E4 chargers (for 1D Mark III and IV bodies). All of a sudden, one of them will not charge any of my Canon LP-E4 batteries. No lights come on at all when I use either bay. The other charger works fine with original or knock-off LP-E4s. I tried switching the electric cord from the working charger to the dead charger with no improvement. Do chargers just die or can I try to do something else?

Bob Markey II
www.MarkeySportsPhoto.com

Oct 12, 2020 at 07:31 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.