Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              7      
       9       end

New Fujifilm XF lens Rebates. Savings up to $250

najibs
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.8 #1 · New Fujifilm XF lens Rebates. Savings up to $250

timpdx wrote:
Very tempted to jump into this system, how is the 14?

As good as the famous Zeiss 21/2.8 IMO.

Feb 22, 2014 at 08:34 PM
Tariq Gibran
• • • • • •
p.8 #2 · New Fujifilm XF lens Rebates. Savings up to $250

timpdx wrote:
Very tempted to jump into this system, how is the 14?

I'm sure folks who have used it will chime in but the 14 is reputed to be one of the very best lenses in the Fuji line. Corner to corner sharp.

Feb 22, 2014 at 08:35 PM
HelenaN
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.8 #3 · New Fujifilm XF lens Rebates. Savings up to $250

The 14mm is very, very good. Highly recommended! I fell and broke mine, but am in the process of buying a new (used) one. That's how good it is.

Feb 22, 2014 at 08:45 PM
timpdx
• • •
p.8 #4 · New Fujifilm XF lens Rebates. Savings up to $250

I took the plunge, get my 14 on Monday. Thx for twisting my arm

Feb 22, 2014 at 10:52 PM
FlyPenFly
• • • • •
p.8 #5 · New Fujifilm XF lens Rebates. Savings up to $250

najibs wrote:
As good as the famous Zeiss 21/2.8 IMO.

The Zeiss is famous not just for sharpness but the remarkable amount of micro contrast for an UWA prime and deep levels of saturation. I would be impressed if Fuji was able to do that in a much smaller package.

Feb 22, 2014 at 11:11 PM
itai195
• • •
p.8 #6 · New Fujifilm XF lens Rebates. Savings up to $250

The 14 is no Zeiss 21 IMO. But it's very good, one of the best runner-ups to that lens I've ever used.

Feb 22, 2014 at 11:22 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
p.8 #7 · New Fujifilm XF lens Rebates. Savings up to $250

It doesn't have that level of micro contrast, but it has less distortion and is as sharp.

FlyPenFly wrote:
The Zeiss is famous not just for sharpness but the remarkable amount of micro contrast for an UWA prime and deep levels of saturation. I would be impressed if Fuji was able to do that in a much smaller package.

Feb 23, 2014 at 12:27 AM
FlyPenFly
• • • • •
p.8 #8 · New Fujifilm XF lens Rebates. Savings up to $250

One day, I hope that king is unseated by something that isn't Leica priced. I miss that lens deeply.

Feb 23, 2014 at 12:39 AM
TMaG82
• •
p.8 #9 · New Fujifilm XF lens Rebates. Savings up to $250

timpdx wrote:
I took the plunge, get my 14 on Monday. Thx for twisting my arm

So did I. The 14 was always on my to buy list but I'm not a huge UWA shooter so $899 was a lot to ask. Since I have my X-T1 coming with the kit lens and the 27 as well, got this.

The best part of a lens sale is not only does the price on new lenses go down, but the use market adjusts accordingly as well. Got the 35 which is $599 new, $449 on sale, used in 9 condition for $379. Same goes for the 14, which was $899 new, $699 on sale, used in 9 condition for $599. Total cost would've been $1,500 new a few weeks ago, used in 9 condition sent me back $980.

Feb 23, 2014 at 12:42 AM
buggz2k
• • •
p.8 #10 · New Fujifilm XF lens Rebates. Savings up to $250

Wee, XF 55-200 for me, yey!

Feb 25, 2014 at 07:16 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Tariq Gibran
• • • • • •
p.8 #11 · New Fujifilm XF lens Rebates. Savings up to $250

arbitrage wrote:
I posted this in the X-T1 thread but in case you didn't see it there I got an email from CameraCanada and they are offering a bit more discount over the current Canadian discounts if you buy any of these lenses at the same time as your X-T1 preorder (and of course in Canada you get the free $250 grip with it).

You will likely have to email them to get these prices as I can't find them on the website. I was told to email if I wanted to add any of these to my preorder. No extra shipping will
...Show more

Just want to thank you for posting this and give Camera Canada a thumbs up. Ordered a 23/1.4 on Monday, received it today in FL! Really fast shipping. For U.S. customers, they send it Express mail not UPS so there are no additional brokerage fees/ customs or any of that other nonsense. Do be careful how you pay though as I discovered my CC had charged me a 3% foreign transaction fee. That's not universal with all cards.

Feb 27, 2014 at 10:54 PM
bbryz30

p.8 #12 · New Fujifilm XF lens Rebates. Savings up to $250

Looks like the rebate sales in Canada will continue to run up to March 31st.

This is going to be a tough month for me trying to resist the temptation to get the 23 1.4.

Feb 28, 2014 at 01:36 PM
corposant
• • • •
p.8 #13 · New Fujifilm XF lens Rebates. Savings up to $250

Tariq Gibran wrote:
Just want to thank you for posting this and give Camera Canada a thumbs up. Ordered a 23/1.4 on Monday, received it today in FL! Really fast shipping. For U.S. customers, they send it Express mail not UPS so there are no additional brokerage fees/ customs or any of that other nonsense. Do be careful how you pay though as I discovered my CC had charged me a 3% foreign transaction fee. That's not universal with all cards.

Tariq - did you have to buy a camera body...?

Feb 28, 2014 at 08:29 PM
Tjgator

p.8 #14 · New Fujifilm XF lens Rebates. Savings up to $250

Curious if this sale is really pounding down the used prices on ebay.....the 60mm seems to still be running $360 used....only 10% off the current sale price for new.

Feb 28, 2014 at 10:58 PM
Spyro P.
• • • •
p.8 #15 · New Fujifilm XF lens Rebates. Savings up to $250

FlyPenFly wrote:

it has done most, if not all of it (we will know the true limits of the lens when there is a higher mp sensor for it) but admittedly it was an easier job for fuji because of the smaller image circle required. On the other hand the 14 gives you autofocus, in fact it's the fastest focusing lens in the system without giving anything up in manual focus usability. And I dare say it's probably better corrected for distortion, to the point that it's actually suitable for full body portraits and group shots, if you can keep the camera straight and a reasonable distance from subject. It is my favourite lens for indoor party shots with flash.

Mar 01, 2014 at 03:38 AM
Tariq Gibran
• • • • • •
p.8 #16 · New Fujifilm XF lens Rebates. Savings up to $250

corposant wrote:
Tariq - did you have to buy a camera body...?

No, but I did not attempt to get the further reduced prices listed above. I paid the normal $699 Canadian for the 23/1.4.

Mar 01, 2014 at 03:48 AM
timpdx
• • •
p.8 #17 · New Fujifilm XF lens Rebates. Savings up to $250

14 is a great lens, I can only compare it to the 24LII in the Canon system that I once owned. It compares quite favorably, really a great lens at a FL that I like to shoot at for interiors/architecture. The 14 is really the reason I just pulled the trigger on the Fuji system. Outside of the Pany 7-14 I have not seen a mirrorless WA (and a prime is preferred by me) that I liked. Sony and Oly wides can't compare, and I owned the E-P1 and Sony NEX including the 10-18OS. Nothing at all compares to the 14 on the Fuji.

Mar 01, 2014 at 05:12 AM
sge998

p.8 #18 · New Fujifilm XF lens Rebates. Savings up to $250

Like many of you, I've always been tempted to get the 14.
Couldn't resist the sale price so I finally pulled the trigger.
My copy arrived today and I took some test shots with it.
Like many of the reviewers who praised it, it is SHARP!
Corner to corner with little to no noticeable falloff in the edges.
If any of you have questions about this lens feel free to PM me

Mar 01, 2014 at 10:02 AM
Ian Boys
• • •
p.8 #19 · New Fujifilm XF lens Rebates. Savings up to $250

bbryz30 wrote:
Looks like the rebate sales in Canada will continue to run up to March 31st.

This is going to be a tough month for me trying to resist the temptation to get the 23 1.4.

I just got the 23 and it is superb. Probably the best made AF lens I've ever had if you like manual focus too.

Mar 01, 2014 at 10:18 AM
TMaG82
• •
p.8 #20 · New Fujifilm XF lens Rebates. Savings up to $250

Tjgator wrote:
Curious if this sale is really pounding down the used prices on ebay.....the 60mm seems to still be running $360 used....only 10% off the current sale price for new.

eBay prices can't be used as a barometer for used prices.

It does effect used prices in general though, I picked up the 14 for $599 and the 35 for $379 from B&H.

Mar 01, 2014 at 02:38 PM
       9       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

9       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password