Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4              6       7       end

10,000th Post

KirkB
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · 10,000th Post

David Leask wrote:
Kirk, congratulations on reaching 10k! I echo everything you said about the forum .... for me it's the place to be on the net
Thanks back at ya for all your support to me and others here.
You have posted an absolutely wonderful set of images for us to feast our eyes on. I think I might just manage to match the quality of #1 (the jury is still out ) but I'm afraid I can't measure up to the others - they are awesome!
Best,
David

Thank you so much for the very kind and encouraging words David, and yes this is the place to be.
You offer very fine work so be very proud of it, and just keep learning... it's amazing to me how much I've learned and improved my processing skills this past year.

Kirk

Feb 11, 2014 at 05:41 AM
BrunoS72
• •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · 10,000th Post

Incredible pictures Kirk. Love the chicks. You could use a Yoga mat to avoid ants.

BTW Better not mention the D800 on this forum. Lets keep that secret weapon to ourselves.

Feb 11, 2014 at 05:43 AM
KirkB
• • • • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · 10,000th Post

Plinian wrote:
A wonderful and inspiring post, Kirk, for both the images, the captions, and the history!

Image-wise, my favorites are 7,20,26,28,37, with 20 one of my all-time favorites on the forum.

History-wise, the post captures what we all love about the forum...a chance to share and reinforce our passion for wildlife, the opportunity to refine and improve a complex skill, and the awareness that the avocation can last for a lifetime, or at least 10,000 posts!

Greg

I have always appreciated your very thoughtful and insightful critiques and comments Greg... always valuable input. Thank you for your contributions to this fine community.
Your very kind and generous words for this post are also greatly appreciated, and your picks are images that I'm especially proud of. Thanks again Greg.

Kirk

Feb 11, 2014 at 05:55 AM
thomas_1950
• • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · 10,000th Post

Congrats on your 10,000 post! A truly remarkable set of images.

Yer gettin' gooder and gooder!

Keep up the great work,
Tom

Feb 11, 2014 at 06:05 AM
OwlsEyes
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · 10,000th Post

I really enjoyed your walk through time. There is no question that your work has come a long way since that first osprey shot. So many inspiring images here that really say something about your skill and your ability to make art from nature.

Here's to 10,000 more.
bruce

Feb 11, 2014 at 11:44 AM
fwyflyr
• • • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · 10,000th Post

Kirk -
Congrats on your 10K.
- Ken

Feb 11, 2014 at 02:08 PM
markdennis
• • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · 10,000th Post

Kirk,

You are an exceptional photographer. I simply loved looking through your post and please, keep posting.

Mark

Feb 11, 2014 at 07:53 PM
ScottHM
• • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · 10,000th Post

Nice to get your 10,000 post, but I really enjoyed the way you shared it. Gave some of us who aren't quite that far along the path a glimpse into the steps you've taken along the way. As well as the more community minded nature of this fourm. Let's see another 10,000.

Feb 11, 2014 at 09:43 PM
kosin
• • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · 10,000th Post

Beautiful set!

Greg

Feb 12, 2014 at 12:56 AM
hnilsson
• • • • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · 10,000th Post

Well D, let me be the first to say that I sure appreaciate having you on this board. Oh wait, someone MAY have said that already. In ANY case, I thoroughly enjoy your images time and time again. In fact, as I look at the forum posts, I scan for your name.

Keep up the great work my friend.

H

Feb 12, 2014 at 12:59 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

naturesmoments
• • •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · 10,000th Post

Stunning set of images!!!! Congratulations!!!

Feb 12, 2014 at 02:42 PM
Shasoc
• • • • • • •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · 10,000th Post

Heartfelt congratulations, Kirk! This is an excellent set of images to commemorate your milestone!
I have always admired your work and you skill. Your color rendering is one of the most pleasant I've seen in this Forum and your ability to frame the shot second to no one.
Your always properly offered comments make you one of the most respected member of this community.
Socrate

Feb 12, 2014 at 03:58 PM
waldr_p
• • • • •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · 10,000th Post

Wow Kirk, absolutely awesome post - some wonderful shots here!

Congratulations on your 10k and here's to many more posts from you.

Paul.

Feb 12, 2014 at 09:13 PM
raymondjbarlow
• • • •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · 10,000th Post

wow... awesome work!!! congrats on all your efforts, thanks for all the posts!!

Feb 13, 2014 at 02:42 AM
Hawk Eye

p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · 10,000th Post

Congratulations and thanks for the gorgeous photos.

Feb 13, 2014 at 03:20 AM
KirkB
• • • • • •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · 10,000th Post

Humble thanks for the very generous and encouraging words my friend. You are one of the guys I have great respect for, and have always admired your excellent work and willingness to help others get better. It's been great fun to shoot with you on a few occasions, and I'm looking forward to more.

Thanks again for the picks, good words, constructive criticisms that push me, and your friendship.

Kirk

Tim Kuhn wrote:
Okay, let me give you some tips, glad you numbered these..

Who's Kirk and who cares

Oh wow Kirk, this set just rocked my morning. First off a very heartfelt congrats on the 10k post. If there was ever a photographer here who has consistently posted strong images it's you. Your work is always of the highest order, the techs are spot on and you have one the best eyes out there. You can take a take a tight shot and work magic with it. If there was ever a photographer that create magic with challenging gear it's you
...Show more

Feb 13, 2014 at 03:52 AM
KirkB
• • • • • •
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · 10,000th Post

Karl Witt wrote:

Kirk...........

For those that don't know you yet have just been given a lesson on just how good you truly are as a photographer and post processor An impeccable set of Eye Candy here my good friend, whew this trip down memory lane is a sheer delight!

Congratulations on entering the 10k zone, that is a lot of effort and a lot of fun over this period of time. You have shots here with a lens shorter than most every use for this type of work yet you are on top of your game and setting the
...Show more

I don't do florals.

Although... that would be a good use of overcast days.

Karl... very heartfelt thanks for the wonderful words buddy, and for all of your tremendous help over the years. Your tips and nits have really been a valuable education for me and have definitely contributed greatly to the quality of my work especially over the last year. Thank you.

Our message is the same to all who lurk thinking they don't have long enough glass to post pictures "worthy" of this forum... hogwash! Learn the capabilities of your equipment (300 is long enough, some of my favorite images are at 300) and hone your skills and techniques in the field and at the computer... and create beautiful images to share your passion for wildlife (and florals ) photography. Thanks for being such a strong advocate and supporter to those who are sharpening their skills (like me)... there is no doubt in my mind that you have had the biggest impact on the most people in this community.

Thanks again for EVERYTHING my friend, and I do hope we can shoot side-by-side one day.

Kirk

Feb 13, 2014 at 04:25 AM
KirkB
• • • • • •
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · 10,000th Post

arbitrage wrote:
Congrats Kirk....these images are amazing....since I've been visiting FM for only a couple years I have always seen some of this forums best work come from your posts. Just as Tim mentions I remember all of these latest images from when they were first shared with us because of how remarkable they are. I would be happy if when I reach 10,000 posts that I could put up just a fraction of images that would compare to these

I will now go back and closely view each image and really think to myself why each of these connects so well with
...Show more

Couple of important things...

1. Thanks so much for your really gracious and very encouraging words Geoff, they are greatly appreciated.
2. I came to see and appreciate very quickly that you are, and will continue to be, a valuable member of this wonderful community. You always give very thoughtful and constructive feedback which is so critical as we challenge and push each other to be better... I wish many more would follow your example.
3. Your work is excellent and continues to improve, I always enjoy your images... seriously.

Thanks again Geoff, it's a pleasure to have you on the forum.

Kirk

Feb 13, 2014 at 04:44 AM
KirkB
• • • • • •
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · 10,000th Post

Ted ellis wrote:
Kirk:

Congrats on 10k. All images are fantastic and many are stunning. I don't have a wine smiley face cheers.

Ted

Beer is good enough.
Thanks so much Ted... it's been a blast so far.

Kirk

Feb 13, 2014 at 04:47 AM
KirkB
• • • • • •
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · 10,000th Post

DonGut wrote:
That's a magical pond and equally magical shooting. IF teals and shovellers and the avocet shots are all top drawer. Keep shooting!! Don

It is indeed a magical pond... I'm so fortunate to have a place that attracts so many species in a lovely setting.
Really appreciate the good words Don, and I'll keep shooting for sure.

Kirk

Feb 13, 2014 at 04:50 AM
1       2      

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password