Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Nikon LV Focus Peaking Biggest Missing Feature?

DWOfPaul
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Nikon LV Focus Peaking Biggest Missing Feature?

I am begging to feel more and more that the number one missing feature in Nikon's line up is Focus Peaking in LV.

Besides for making MF lenses much easer to uses. It can also be helpful when using AF lenses for Landscapes and in adverse lighting conditions.

I don't want an EVF but a more capable LV could definitely help close the gap between Nikon DSLR's and mirror less cameras, feature wise.

Part of me is wondering if Nikon is not doing more to support MF so people keep buying there AF lenses. Which sounds short sided to me since if people want to uses MF lenses there going to buy them any way, and may end using a whole different camera system. I think it would be smart to at least keep these photographers buying nikon bodies.

Feb 08, 2014 at 12:05 PM
snapsy
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Nikon LV Focus Peaking Biggest Missing Feature?

Focus peaking is not precise enough on its own for still imaging manual focus. It works well in conjunction with magnified views and also for video. We'd be much better served if Nikon improved the clarity and refresh rates of their LV implementation, along with the ability to take multiple photos without having to wait for the previous image to be fully written to media.

Feb 08, 2014 at 12:35 PM
RCicala
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Nikon LV Focus Peaking Biggest Missing Feature?

snapsy wrote:
We'd be much better served if Nikon improved the clarity and refresh rates of their LV implementation, along with the ability to take multiple photos without having to wait for the previous image to be fully written to media.

+1

Feb 08, 2014 at 03:34 PM
DWOfPaul
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Nikon LV Focus Peaking Biggest Missing Feature?

snapsy wrote:
We'd be much better served if Nikon improved the clarity and refresh rates of their LV implementation, along with the ability to take multiple photos without having to wait for the previous image to be fully written to media.

I do agree both of those would be nice to have. Not sure if those alone would make MF that much easer though.

Feb 08, 2014 at 03:39 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.