New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · A7 A7R TTL Flash Options

banpreso
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A7 A7R TTL Flash Options

Hi guys, I'm wondering if you guys have had any experience shooting A7 and A7R via on camera flash TTL? I'm new to Sony and I'm wondering if there are any good options for 3rd party TTL flash. I'm looking to mainly do indoor bounce flash for events and portraits.

I herd Yongnuo doesn't really make a specific flash for Sony? And the brand Oloong seem to make a flash specifically for Sony. I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with these flashes and if they work well with A7.

Thanks!

Feb 07, 2014 at 11:05 AM
bcaslis
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A7 A7R TTL Flash Options

Why not the Sony flashes? I've been using the HVL-F43M and it's been working great.

Feb 07, 2014 at 04:55 PM
DRose44
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A7 A7R TTL Flash Options

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?atclk=TTL+System_Sony%2fMinolta&ci=647&N=4168864822+4291339804+4062787792

Feb 07, 2014 at 05:14 PM
Minomaniac

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · A7 A7R TTL Flash Options

DRose44 wrote:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?atclk=TTL+System_Sony%2fMinolta&ci=647&N=4168864822+4291339804+4062787792

+1 on the Metz ones.

The Metz 58-AF2 has an auto mode via a photo diode in the flash.
In that mode the flash doesn't fire a pre-flash and therefore has much lesser delay than TTL. Helps avoid sleepy eye effect too.
It can even be used as a ratio controller for the Sony flash system . Works pretty good on the A7r, albeit it feels some kind of big on the small camera.

Keep in mind, that Metz uses the old Minolta hot shoe on all of their flashes, so you need the Sony adapter.

Edit: TTL/HSS is supported too. The firmware can be updated via USB.

Feb 07, 2014 at 09:16 PM
adnan76
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · A7 A7R TTL Flash Options

Hi,
Which adapter is necessary to use the Metz flashes on a Sony A7r?
Thanks!

Minomaniac wrote:
+1 on the Metz ones.

The Metz 58-AF2 has an auto mode via a photo diode in the flash.
In that mode the flash doesn't fire a pre-flash and therefore has much lesser delay than TTL. Helps avoid sleepy eye effect too.
It can even be used as a ratio controller for the Sony flash system . Works pretty good on the A7r, albeit it feels some kind of big on the small camera.

Keep in mind, that Metz uses the old Minolta hot shoe on all of their flashes, so you need the Sony adapter.

Edit: TTL/HSS is supported too. The firmware
...Show more

Mar 06, 2014 at 08:03 AM
nixland
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · A7 A7R TTL Flash Options

adnan76 wrote:
Hi,
Which adapter is necessary to use the Metz flashes on a Sony A7r?
Thanks!

This one :

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/913654-REG/sony_adpmaa_multi_interface_shoe_adapter.html

Mar 07, 2014 at 05:01 AM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.