Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Stomping Ground photo setup?

lukeiam
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Stomping Ground photo setup?

Anyone see this? Very cool idea..Makes me want to save my kids from having laser beams and fall foliage as their background for the next 3 years! Wondering what folks think is going on your their light setup. I found an image that seems to show what's going on, but he/they may have modified it since. Also, backgrounds must be getting changed in processing, because it's all white seamless. Very cool stuff. See below:

The pics: http://stompinggroundphoto.com/media/original/0001_landing.jpg

The possible setup: http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/OB-QM559_1110MU_H_20111109162509.jpg

Feb 07, 2014 at 10:14 AM
BrianO
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Stomping Ground photo setup?

crashwins wrote:
Anyone see this? Very cool idea.

Not really following; ]what is a really cool idea? If you just mean shooting against a rolled-out white seamless paper, that's about as "old school" as it gets.

Feb 07, 2014 at 11:55 PM
lukeiam
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Stomping Ground photo setup?

Changing the typical school photo is a cool idea - ie, making it not suck.

Feb 08, 2014 at 07:47 AM
Mark_L
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Stomping Ground photo setup?

The feel is nice but I'm not sure the technical aspects/lighting setup is a big part of it - the direction given to the kids will be far more important.

The main as a large source overhead is probably a good idea as it gives the kids freedom to move/look whichever way they want. Ideally they need to switch it up for the kids with glasses though.

Feb 09, 2014 at 02:44 PM
lukeiam
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Stomping Ground photo setup?

Thanks for the input. Do you think they're running that big softlighter and the overhead softbox at the same time, then?

Feb 09, 2014 at 02:46 PM
Mark_L
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Stomping Ground photo setup?

Hard to say when the pics are this small, try with and without, vary the ratio and see what you like. With light sources that big it probably doesn't matter hugely - it does look like they have the softbox feathered though (pointing down in front of the kid).

Feb 09, 2014 at 03:36 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.