Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Super Bowl Sunday: 75% of shooters using Canon gear

Paul Mo
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · Super Bowl Sunday: 75% of shooters using Canon gear

I am totally cognizant of that - I used to do it. I guess my point is when something is seemingly unimportant. Like photogs rushing to shoot the two-faced prime minister of New Zealand stand at a microphone. They are all being paid, and therefore all need 'The Shot', and of course their agencies do not want to buy off the wire if they can get their own shots - it is that sense that I think it is lame despite having done it.

Feb 08, 2014 at 08:48 AM
FredAz

p.3 #2 · Super Bowl Sunday: 75% of shooters using Canon gear

How many of these photographers OWN the gear they are using
Did they spend their money, or are they using their employers or CPS gear?
I suspect few are owners.
Given that -- they use what they are given.
Just like the huge pile of gear at the Olympics....loan me a 600/4 at a main event and I'll shot it no matter what color it is....

Feb 08, 2014 at 06:24 PM
runamuck
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #3 · Super Bowl Sunday: 75% of shooters using Canon gear

arbitrage wrote:
Yes a lot of amateur drivers do....professionals as in this case drive the Lexus.

Pros are driving trucks and buses. If a pro is driving a Lexus he/she is a chauffeur.

Feb 08, 2014 at 07:20 PM
runamuck
• • • • •
p.3 #4 · Super Bowl Sunday: 75% of shooters using Canon gear

FredAz wrote:
How many of these photographers OWN the gear they are using
Did they spend their money, or are they using their employers or CPS gear?
I suspect few are owners.
Given that -- they use what they are given.
Just like the huge pile of gear at the Olympics....loan me a 600/4 at a main event and I'll shot it no matter what color it is....

I read a piece a couple years ago about the NFL and photography. Canon is paying the licensing fees for the NFL and has exclusive rights. AFAIK it has not changed. It's the same deal as "The Official Soup of the NFL"

Feb 08, 2014 at 07:25 PM
docsmiles17
• • •
p.3 #5 · Super Bowl Sunday: 75% of shooters using Canon gear

Paul Mo wrote:
Yes, you get one when you send in a friend's gear as your own for servicing.

HaHaHa....thanks for the saturday morning laugh!!!!! Too funny.

....you must have also read the recent thread about this.

Feb 08, 2014 at 07:37 PM
lukeb
• • •
p.3 #6 · Super Bowl Sunday: 75% of shooters using Canon gear

unclemikey wrote:
Yeah, you're probably right. I love brand loyalty. Of course when the final product is presented to the client they have no idea what you shot it with....only how good you are as a photographer.

+1

Feb 08, 2014 at 08:10 PM
chez
• • • • •
p.3 #7 · Super Bowl Sunday: 75% of shooters using Canon gear

runamuck wrote:
I read a piece a couple years ago about the NFL and photography. Canon is paying the licensing fees for the NFL and has exclusive rights. AFAIK it has not changed. It's the same deal as "The Official Soup of the NFL"

There you done it. Shattered my beliefs that those big boys in the NFL got their muscles from eating Campbells soup.

Feb 08, 2014 at 11:24 PM
bauerman
• • •
p.3 #8 · Super Bowl Sunday: 75% of shooters using Canon gear

docsmiles17 wrote:
In the first photo, looks like 75% also wearing the same black beanie--what appears to be CPS logo?

This is the first thing I noticed as well - and my thought was - "Man, photographers as a whole can be a huge pack of NERDS!"

Feb 09, 2014 at 12:16 AM
arbitrage
• • • • •
p.3 #9 · Super Bowl Sunday: 75% of shooters using Canon gear

I'm referring to race car drivers, I should have clarified myself. I'm affiliated with the business to a small extent and they usually drive their own cars and don't have chauffeurs

runamuck wrote:
Pros are driving trucks and buses. If a pro is driving a Lexus he/she is a chauffeur.

Feb 09, 2014 at 01:20 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

matthewo
• •
p.3 #10 · Super Bowl Sunday: 75% of shooters using Canon gear

Using the best of both brands should give you indistinguishable results regardless.

I do just fine with nikon gear for wildlife. I doubt switching to canon would give me anything better. Maybe the IIs resolution is a minuscule amount better over the lates VR telephotos. But really for wildlife i love the pixel density of the d7100 and the d800 goes hand and hand with it for low light and dynamic range when fast fps are not needed.

I will take the pixel density trade off vs fps for wildlife. Of coarse if i was shooting sports it would have to be a d4 or the d4s if they make a good improvement

Feb 09, 2014 at 04:01 AM
arbitrage
• • • • •
p.3 #11 · Super Bowl Sunday: 75% of shooters using Canon gear

matthewo wrote:
Using the best of both brands should give you indistinguishable results regardless.

I do just fine with nikon gear for wildlife. I doubt switching to canon would give me anything better. Maybe the IIs resolution is a minuscule amount better over the lates VR telephotos. But really for wildlife i love the pixel density of the d7100 and the d800 goes hand and hand with it for low light and dynamic range when fast fps are not needed.

I will take the pixel density trade off vs fps for wildlife. Of coarse if i was shooting sports it would have to be
...Show more

You are of course correct....however my muscles thank me at the end of the day when I carry a 600II vs a 600VR

Feb 09, 2014 at 12:38 PM
uglyatc

p.3 #12 · Super Bowl Sunday: 75% of shooters using Canon gear

Newb question,...
What is the difference between the shooters in the guarded bullpen (limited access) and the on-field shooters in the brown / khaki vests (full access)? Is there some sort of a fee charged to the agency for full access to the field? Is there a pecking order for shooting large events like this?

Feel free to post link if there is a thread detailing this on FM,...if so, my apologies. Thank you.

Feb 09, 2014 at 05:33 PM
kkcy

p.3 #13 · Super Bowl Sunday: 75% of shooters using Canon gear

It does seem like the on-field shooter is more "official" than those in the pen...

Feb 09, 2014 at 05:44 PM
brian_sp
• • •
p.3 #14 · Super Bowl Sunday: 75% of shooters using Canon gear

matthewo wrote:

I will take the pixel density trade off vs fps for wildlife. Of coarse if i was shooting sports it would have to be
...Show more

+1
best images i have yet to see in the n&w forum here came from "old" nikon lenses,

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1262868

i have yet to see an image from a new canon top any of these so i have no idea where the idea that one needs a canon for wildlife came from

Feb 09, 2014 at 09:56 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.3 #15 · Super Bowl Sunday: 75% of shooters using Canon gear

brian_sp wrote:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1262868

i have yet to see an image from a new canon top any of these so i have no idea where the idea that one needs a canon for wildlife came from

I have seen lots just as good. I guess we all see what we want to see.

Feb 09, 2014 at 10:01 PM
chez
• • • • •
p.3 #16 · Super Bowl Sunday: 75% of shooters using Canon gear

Imagemaster wrote:
I have seen lots just as good. I guess we all see what we want to see.

I think the bottom line is both systems are capable of producing the goods.

Feb 09, 2014 at 10:18 PM
rw11
• •
p.3 #17 · Super Bowl Sunday: 75% of shooters using Canon gear

We benefit when manf,s compete...

Feb 13, 2014 at 09:22 PM
Arka
• • • • • •
p.3 #18 · Super Bowl Sunday: 75% of shooters using Canon gear

Who cares? I don't see a single photographer in that box shooting my current favorite system. Yet I'm still not ashamed to be shooting it.

Feb 14, 2014 at 08:53 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password