Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2014 · Cute Bobcat----But Don't Pet It

Frogfish
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Cute Bobcat----But Don't Pet It

Definitely colour version for me too Charlie. Cute !

N.B. The UK is not a country per se but a constitutional entity It is actually 4 countries (N.Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England) whilst Great Britain is 3 (Scotland, Wales and England).

Feb 04, 2014 at 02:43 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Cute Bobcat----But Don't Pet It

That is quite a shot, Charlie. He looks all cute and cuddly but I would certainly think it to be very unwise to try to scratch his belly. When I was in the hospital a week ago, I had a semi-private room for one night and they guy on the other side was watching a TV show about people who love keeping deadly snakes. I was forced to overhear the entire program so at least it was kind of interesting. Basically, those people are completely nuts. I heard them tell the story of one guy who has a bunch of cobras and one day one of them bit him. So, instead of seeking medical attention, the guy went out on his front porch for awhile to see if he developed any symptoms of snake venom. After a half hour nothing much had happened so he figured all was ok. Then, suddenly, he couldn't breathe and eventually he passed out. Fortunately, his next-door neighbor (who didn't know anything about the snakes) happened by to return something he had borrowed several months earlier and he found the unconscious guy on the floor and called 911. Problem was, nobody in the ER knew what had happened. I missed the part where they figured out it had to be a snake bite but returned to listening in as they told how the guy was completely paralyzed and on a ventilator while the docs feverishly tried to figure out which of his venomous snakes had bitten him. Finally, they did decide it was a cobra and they got him the anti-venom, which saved his life. Now, the guy tells the story of what it was like to slowly die of cobra poisoning but darned if he still doesn't still keep the things in his house. I guess it takes all kinds…

For me, the color version is so desaturated anyhow that I don't see that much difference between it and the B & W version. They are both wonderful!

Ll the best,

Endre

Feb 04, 2014 at 03:16 AM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Cute Bobcat----But Don't Pet It

Thanks Eric (),
Frog- further proof that I don't understand the makeup of English/British/United Kingdom politics. But that's okay- there's a whole lot about American politics that I don't understand; such as why my representatives so seldom represent my interests (i.e. return ALL American military personnel from the middle east- and do it today!)
Endre- I agree about the desat question. I assume it's for camouflage.
Pet cobras biting their owners is Mama Nature's way of weeding out the dangerously incompetent (hopefully before they reproduce).
Oh, I have a question- should I write your name Endré? I DO have the capability.
Charlie

Feb 04, 2014 at 04:01 PM
Howard Kearley
• • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Cute Bobcat----But Don't Pet It

Colour for me, sweet

Howard

Feb 04, 2014 at 04:35 PM
Michael Rucci
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Cute Bobcat----But Don't Pet It

Color for me also Charlie As an avid cat lover there are 2 on my desk as i type. Belly rubbing is a trust thing with cats not all cats will allow just anyone to do it I can, but both my daughters can not i have a friend who post's here and they just love him in fact when he comes over they sleep on the bed in his room.I also worked in a zoo in South Jersey where there have been 4 sets of clouded leopards born over the past 6 years Now i would not want to rub the adults belly but i have played with the cubs up until the age of 3 or 4 months and they just love it

Feb 04, 2014 at 05:18 PM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Cute Bobcat----But Don't Pet It

Charlie Shugart wrote:
Thanks Paul, Kenny, Tim, Herb and Ron.
The more I look at the pics, the more I want to scratch (gently) M. Bobcat's belly fur.
After all the comments favoring the colour () version, I was pretty sure it was better.
But then Ron said he preferred it- and now I'm undecided again . (Your turn, Ron.)
Charlie

Undecided is a state of mind, so I'm surprised you could achieve it ~ Ron

Feb 04, 2014 at 09:33 PM
Ted ellis
• • • • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Cute Bobcat----But Don't Pet It

Charlie Shugart wrote:
Thanks Birdie, Geoff and Ted.
I've had cats and I've had dogs, and belly-scratching was always welcomed- although they would never scratch MY belly . Harumph!
Charlie

My best friend over 40+ years used the expression, Harumph! I guess that makes you Charlie my best new friend.

Ted

Feb 04, 2014 at 09:40 PM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Cute Bobcat----But Don't Pet It

Thanks Howard, Michael, Ron (for the charming insinuation ) and Ted.
Ted- I AM over 40 years old . I also say balderdash.
Sometimes I even say "Harumph and balderdash." But only when I feel excited in a British way.
Charlie

Feb 04, 2014 at 09:49 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.