Thanks for looking,

Bob

Feb 01, 2014 at 04:07 PM
Eyeball
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Doorknob

I can't knock it, Bob.

Seriously though, I like how the knob in the center gives it a very symmetrical feel on the one hand but the other elements give it an asymmetrical vibe, including the door jamb in the ROT spot.

If I had any suggestions at all, they would be to maybe work on bringing up the knob details a bit more and consider the use of a dark, rather than white, matte so the white of the door doesn't look quite so dingy.

Again though, I really like it. For me, it is one of the shots that looks simple at first glance but once you start to look at it you find some interesting things and get the feeling that the photographer really put some thought into it.

Feb 01, 2014 at 09:05 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Doorknob

Eyeball wrote:
I can't knock it, Bob.

Seriously though, I like how the knob in the center gives it a very symmetrical feel on the one hand but the other elements give it an asymmetrical vibe, including the door jamb in the ROT spot.

If I had any suggestions at all, they would be to maybe work on bringing up the knob details a bit more and consider the use of a dark, rather than white, matte so the white of the door doesn't look quite so dingy.

Again though, I really like it. For me, it is one of the shots that looks
...Show more

@eyeball,

Thank you for your comments and observations.

Yes, having some fun starting with square crop and asymmetries within symmetries. A little visual intrigue, not for all I am sure Like peeling an onion...

Agree about extracting more detail from doorknob.

Regards,

Bob

Feb 02, 2014 at 09:12 AM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Doorknob

I think the interplay of symmetry/asymmetry creates a very strong, thoughtful composition.
The image is flat from a contrast perspective, consistent with processing for a natural look, something we often move away from. Only some will take the time to discover what is being presented.
Scott

Feb 02, 2014 at 11:05 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Doorknob

+1 @ Dennis & Scott

One of those images that a casual glance goes "Huh ?" ... while a study reveals the attention to detail given to its creation. Nice blend of asymmetry & symmetry.

Feb 02, 2014 at 02:52 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Doorknob

Scoot & Kent,

Thank you, I appreciate your thoughts and comments.

Now to see how it works in BW

Regards,

Bob

Feb 02, 2014 at 04:20 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.