1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2014 · Opinions on Mirrorless Fuji XT1 for shooting weddings

MRomine
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Opinions on Mirrorless Fuji XT1 for shooting weddings

mikethevilla wrote:
I've had my X-T1 for about a week now. As of right now, this is the first mirrorless camera I've felt could take the place of my Nikon kit.

Thanks for your mini review!

mikethevilla wrote:
At ISO 1600, 1/100, 1.4, center point focus, my X-T1 + 23mm 1.4 focuses faster than my D800 + 35mm 1.4. No joke. Move to any other focus point and it's pretty even, maybe slight advantage to Nikon. Now of course the 1.4 Nikon primes are somewhat... Dog-ish... In terms of focus speed, but I (and many others) have deemed them fast enough for professional use. A D800 + any 2.8 zoom will certainly be faster than the Fuji to focus.

These comments spoke volumes to me as to exactly where the focus speed is on these Fujis. For me I can't use the Nikon f1.4 glass, they are too slow for me in many situations, especially reception lighting.

Mar 07, 2014 at 08:27 AM
BKphotography
• • • •
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Opinions on Mirrorless Fuji XT1 for shooting weddings

I'm back on the Fuji saddle with this camera.

It's main use with be for family and other personal work although if its proves itself capable it may creep into my wedding and portrait work.

Excited

Mar 27, 2014 at 02:24 PM
ippikiokami
• •
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · Opinions on Mirrorless Fuji XT1 for shooting weddings

What do you guys do for long zoom for a wedding?

Mar 28, 2014 at 10:19 PM
swoop
• • •
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · Opinions on Mirrorless Fuji XT1 for shooting weddings

ippikiokami wrote:

Who says you need one.

Mar 28, 2014 at 11:07 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · Opinions on Mirrorless Fuji XT1 for shooting weddings

swoop wrote:
What do you guys do for long zoom?

Who says you need one.

From the back of a big church, I think a pro should really have one in his toolkit.

Mar 29, 2014 at 12:22 AM
alicat
• • •
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · Opinions on Mirrorless Fuji XT1 for shooting weddings

I'm shooting college sports with the Fuji X-T1 with no difficulties in getting the shots needed. I would not hesitate to use this camera at a wedding. In fact, I'm looking forward to it. Less weight, great optics, small size and photos that knock one's socks off. What could be better than that? Fuji has a winner, IMO.

Alicat

Mar 31, 2014 at 09:40 AM
fabiocamandona
• •
p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · Opinions on Mirrorless Fuji XT1 for shooting weddings

What I think about ?
I've "switched". Sold all my gears.
Just Fuji X-E2 and some lenses.
http://www.bestmirrorlesscamerareviews.com/2014/03/19/fujifilm-x-e2-the-switch-a-guest-post-by-fabio-camandona/

Mar 31, 2014 at 11:03 AM
haroon08

p.4 #8 · p.4 #8 · Opinions on Mirrorless Fuji XT1 for shooting weddings

I have one and absolutely LOVE it for an every day always with me carry around camera. For wedding work, the continous focus isn't quite there and I would definitely miss a lot more shots than I would if I had my Nikon SLR's. Can definitely make for a nice 3rd backup to use at weddings though. The low ISO image quality is stunning.

Mar 31, 2014 at 02:45 PM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.4 #9 · p.4 #9 · Opinions on Mirrorless Fuji XT1 for shooting weddings

ippikiokami wrote:

I very rarely go over 85mm, but I did get the 55-200 for those 2-5% of the photos I need it for. 99% of the 2-5% of the time I need it, my subject isnt moving so the slower shutter speeds that I get because of the higher fstop is not a problem. Plus the OS/IS is amazing on this lens and I can almost handhold down to 1/30th. Once the Fuji 70-200 2.8 equivlant comes out, I will get that to replace this. Maybe then I will use that focal length more. Then again, even when I shot Nikon, I hardley every went over 85.

Apr 01, 2014 at 02:31 PM
miccullen
• • •
p.4 #10 · p.4 #10 · Opinions on Mirrorless Fuji XT1 for shooting weddings

The desperation of the entrenched "DSLR or DIE!" crowd here is hilarious. I'm wondering if they were Kodak management at some point towards the end :-)

Apr 01, 2014 at 04:03 PM
NotoriousPTG
• • •
p.4 #11 · p.4 #11 · Opinions on Mirrorless Fuji XT1 for shooting weddings

BKphotography wrote:
I'm back on the Fuji saddle with this camera.

It's main use with be for family and other personal work although if its proves itself capable it may creep into my wedding and portrait work.

Excited

I have one and feel the exact same way. Is it perfect - no. But it does handle very well and the system is sure a hell of a lot lighter. I find that if you shoot the 1.2 and 1.4 glass wide open it's sharp and you still get plenty of bokeh - I would estimate somewhere between 2.0 and 2.8 depending on all regular factors that go into dof.

Apr 02, 2014 at 07:40 AM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.