New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · TDP Review: Canon Speedlite 600EX-RT Flash

Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · TDP Review: Canon Speedlite 600EX-RT Flash

TDP Review: Canon Speedlite 600EX-RT Flash
Bryan from The-Digital-Picture just posted a great review on the Canon Speedlite 600EX.

Here is an excerpt:
“If you are a professional or serious amateur photographer, choosing the 600EX-RT is a no-brainer. If you are buying your first serious accessory flash, this is definitely the one to get. If adding a flash to an existing system, I still recommend making the 600EX-RT your choice. Backward compatibility means that the new flash will play nicely with the other flashes in your kit and you will be preparing to take the next step with technology.”

Canon Speedlite 600EX-RT is now on sale at B&H Photo for $469
(Original price: $549)

TDP also posted resolution crops for the Zeiss 135mm f/2 Apo Sonnar T* ZE.
The new Zeiss shows incredible resolution from center to corners at all apertures. See a comparison with Canon's EF 135mm f/2L.

Jan 29, 2014 at 01:28 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · TDP Review: Canon Speedlite 600EX-RT Flash

Thanks for the link, Fred.

I upgraded to a set of three 600EX-RT and an ST-E3 last fall. The radio connection is way better than the old IR/red light control system.

Jan 29, 2014 at 01:39 PM
mogud
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · TDP Review: Canon Speedlite 600EX-RT Flash

The resolution crops of the Zeiss 135/2 are truly amazing. Wide open and through the f stops are very sharp. This lens received an Editor's Pick from LensTip Reviews and that site does not give this out very often.

Hmmmm, let's look at the bank account and see what's there.....

Jan 29, 2014 at 01:55 PM
ggreene
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · TDP Review: Canon Speedlite 600EX-RT Flash

The radio connection on the 600EX-RT's is definitely worth it. So much more convenient to use. $469 is a pretty nice price and sometimes the Canon refurb page has them for $439.

Jan 29, 2014 at 02:34 PM
bboule
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · TDP Review: Canon Speedlite 600EX-RT Flash

The 600EX-RT + ST-E3 combo is fantastic.

Myself and a co-worker recently shot 375 portraits (!) with 2 of them, one in a shoot through umbrella and one to illuminate a white background.. I only had to replace the batteries once and didn't have a single misfire. I was able to pretty much batch-process them for color too. Super dependable and so so nice to be able to dial everything in from the camera.

Jan 29, 2014 at 02:36 PM
subjectochange
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · TDP Review: Canon Speedlite 600EX-RT Flash

As impressive as the Zeiss 135/2 looks wide open, the Canon closes the gap considerably at f/2.8, and the difference is very subtle by f/4.

I have no doubt the Zeiss has earned a place atop the pecking order, but I'm as satisfied as ever with my 135L. Not bad for an 18 year old design.

Jan 29, 2014 at 03:01 PM
maxx9photo
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · TDP Review: Canon Speedlite 600EX-RT Flash

We used to hear Nikon has better flash system but now not anymore. This flash system 600Ex and STE3 is so amazing.

Jan 29, 2014 at 04:51 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.