New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Nashville places to shoot

RyanGphoto
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Nashville places to shoot

Maybe this shouldn't be in the Canon forum but I want to shoot anything and everything there and I use Canon gear. So I thought maybe you guys and gals could help.

I am going to be there for 4 days. I am interested in shooting almost anything really although I would love Landscapes, nightscapes, anything interesting at all. I am sure there is a lot of street photography (not that I do much of that) and interesting people (that might be ok too)..

But any hidden gems out there that I can find with your help?

Thanks
Ryan G

Jan 29, 2014 at 12:12 AM
Wildcats_Fans
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Nashville places to shoot

The Opryland Hotel especially the inside. Use 500px, flickr, etc and search Nashville. You can often see great photos that tell you where they shot them.

Jan 29, 2014 at 01:15 PM
Wildcats_Fans
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Nashville places to shoot

http://nomadicpursuits.com/top-photo-spots-in-nashville/

Jan 29, 2014 at 01:16 PM
Kathy White
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Nashville places to shoot

The Parthenon.

Jan 29, 2014 at 07:21 PM
Tenn.Jer
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Nashville places to shoot

The Parthenon and Centennial Park, the gardens at Opryland Hotel, Radnor Lake State Natural Area (a park-like patch of woods in south Nashville; lots of ducks and birds, almost-tame whitetail deer, etc.), Cheekwood (arboretum, gardens and art museum), and of course, downtown - for the riverfront, the Ryman Auditorium, and 2nd Avenue and all its honky-tonks...

There's also a pretty decent zoo (Nashville Zoo at Grassmere)...

And, of course, there's my backyard, about fifty miles to the south.

Jerry

Jan 29, 2014 at 09:38 PM
Kathy White
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Nashville places to shoot

Tenn.Jer wrote:
The Parthenon and Centennial Park, the gardens at Opryland Hotel, Radnor Lake State Natural Area (a park-like patch of woods in south Nashville; lots of ducks and birds, almost-tame whitetail deer, etc.), Cheekwood (arboretum, gardens and art museum), and of course, downtown - for the riverfront, the Ryman Auditorium, and 2nd Avenue and all its honky-tonks...

There's also a pretty decent zoo (Nashville Zoo at Grassmere)...

And, of course, there's my backyard, about fifty miles to the south.

Jerry

Yes, same here, my Mom lives on 100 aces about 20 miles from Nashville with no neighbors in site and there are deer, wild turkeys, all kinds of birds, ground hogs, etc, etc. that wander into her yard. We never know what we will see there. I take alot of gear on every trip home. One day there was a doe and her fawn almost at the back door.
No picture of it however, it was gone by the time I got my camera. We've counted as many as 40 wild turkeys in the front yard.

Centenial Park is beautiful, and then there are city scapes with the AT&T tower (Centenial Hospital has a roof with acces if I remember correctly) or Printers Alley at night.
There is a beautiful old bridge near Cheatham dam off highway 12 towards Clarksville. Too bad they just imploded the beautiful old bridge at Ashland City just a couple of weeks ago.

Jan 29, 2014 at 10:36 PM
braindeadmac
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Nashville places to shoot

I had forgotten about the Centennial Hospital parking lot, but that's a great spot for sunrise/sunset cityscapes. Jerry's list is pretty much definitive, although spring along the Natchez Trace parkway just Southwest of the city is nice too.

Jan 30, 2014 at 08:08 AM
Kisutch
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Nashville places to shoot

I'd take a picture of Crunk Fish in E. Nashville, and get a catfish sandwich there. If you wanna shoot landscapes, there's a state park or something about a 40 min. drive from town if I remember correctly, you can hike around a nice lake in the woods--should be easy to find if you google hikes Nashville.

Hard to get a good cityscape when that A&T cell-phone shaped building is in it--that has gotta be the ugliest building on earth.

Jan 30, 2014 at 01:39 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.