FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2014 · Drips and Drabs

eyelaser
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Drips and Drabs

morris wrote:
1, 2, 4 and the last for me Eric. Great work on the flight photos and I love the approaching dogs and lion

Morris

Many thanks Morris...I'm really still an infant bif guy so any time I get something halfway decent I'm thrilled.
Eric

Jan 30, 2014 at 05:16 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Drips and Drabs

kmunroe wrote:
great set Eric.. #4 and #5 especially

Thanks for the pix picks Kenny!
Eric

Jan 30, 2014 at 05:17 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Drips and Drabs

KCollett wrote:
Really nice images Eric. Neat to see flying hornbills. The first two have a bit of intensity in the animals' expressions. I like that. Well done.

Thanks so much Ken. The Hornbill was way off but it was worth a shot or two and happily got enough mp on them to do a decent crop.
Eric

Jan 30, 2014 at 05:18 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Drips and Drabs

arbitrage wrote:
ZAZU!!! Love it Eric. Never seen an IF posted of that bird before. As you know, I'm going after Hornbills in the Borneo rain forests next month. Somehow, I doubt I will get an IF shot.

Great set overall, the lion and dogs show a nice aggressive approach that gives drama to the shots. The martial eagle is top notch IF.

TFS
Geoff

Thanks Geoff...the hornbills in Borneo are very different I think. They are much more colorful if they are anything like the ones in India...
Eric

Jan 30, 2014 at 05:20 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Drips and Drabs

surfnron wrote:
Very well done Eric. Looks like the first kitty is trying to get away from the flies. The first hornybill is my pick - loos almost 3D. This may just be a matter of preference, but the last shot looks like it could use just a little bump in levels to make it pop ~ Ron

Thanks for the kudos and crits...all well taken. I will take a look and see if changing levels enhances the shot...love having that second set of eyes!
Eric

Jan 30, 2014 at 05:22 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Drips and Drabs

Tim Kuhn wrote:
Were you dressed in raw meat for the first two Love the intense look of those two shots, nice eye level angle Of the Hornbills I like the first the best, it's sharper and looks like less of a crop. I'm still chuckling over the last one, it looks like his back is going to give out any minute!

Super set Eric

Tim

Remember I had lost my hat and my ears were fried crispy...that was the attraction me thinks
The hornbills as you recall were waaaaaaay off but as I had never gotten a decent in flight it was worth the calorie expenditure to push the shutter button
I can't imagine just how much buffalo that guy must have eaten...amazing.
Eric

Jan 30, 2014 at 05:24 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Drips and Drabs

mitesh wrote:
Wow, super IFs, Eric, but I gotta pick the first two as my favorites because they just have that ominous look of a predator who has identified his next target and is making his way in for the kill!

Thanks Mitesh...and there is something so compelling about predators who look at you and they know you know you are toast!
Eric

Jan 30, 2014 at 05:25 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Drips and Drabs

braam wrote:
Great set of images Eric. But is that not a yellow billed hornbill? Wonderful to see an IF image of it - well captured. TFS.

Thanks braam...and at first I though a yellow billed, then I thought, maybe not...but in the end maybe, ok, definitely a flying banana bird!
Eric

Jan 30, 2014 at 05:26 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Drips and Drabs

sbeme wrote:
Yeah, I'd like to be that drippy, and drab. And for my photos to reach that level.
Love the hornbills in flight. I havent seen captures like that before.
Scott

Such nice comments....thanks so much. I've seen many many hornbills but getting flight shots had always eluded me too.
Eric

Jan 30, 2014 at 05:29 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Drips and Drabs

DonGut wrote:
Not quite Zazu; this is a yellow-bill!!
Love those shots of predators coming at "you" or me. Always tough to nail the eye focus point which you did perfectly. As for IF martial eagle shots they are a dime a dozen!! NOT!! I can't believe you got so many of that incredible bird. Don

Ok, ok, I screwed up...so it's not Zazu but it ain't the Pitts either ....it's a flying banana bird...THERE! HAPPY!
Amazingly the two martial eagles appeared within minutes of one another....just right place, right time.
Eric

Jan 30, 2014 at 05:31 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.