New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · EOS M accessories...

bboule
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · EOS M accessories...

They just keep getting cheaper and cheaper...

I've spent $550 now to get:

Body
22mm + 18-55 lenses
Hoods
2 batteries
the 90ex flash.

Price considered this stuff has to be one of the best deals I've gotten on photo stuff. I think I paid $400 for my S100!

Still on the fence about the EF lens adapter. Putting big lenses on this thing is really not what I bought it for.

Jan 28, 2014 at 11:31 AM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · EOS M accessories...

I got mine even cheaper and it came with the flash and 22mm lens. I did buy the adapter and can say the most important accessory when using EF lenses is a tripod mount. I am currently using the one from my 70-200 which requires a spacer and is not very elegant.

I use mine mostly for indoor family snapshots or landscapes (my grandson uses it when he accompanies me). Focus is the biggest issue. It is slow and unsure and works best from a stable platform. The other big issue is noise.

I was really impressed with some shots my grandson took alongside me at Deadhorse point. But I had to use NR even at ISO100.

Jan 28, 2014 at 11:44 AM
johnctharp
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · EOS M accessories...

I picked up the adapter and confirmed that it works with all of my EF lenses, including at 300mm with my 70-300 non-L, without issue. Shoots video quite capably with the 24-105L.

Also, if they can still be acquired, the 11-22 is a very nice lens, and presents an extremely compact wide-angle solution, and provides IS for hand-held or under-stabilized (i.e. monopod) landscape shooting.

Jan 28, 2014 at 04:47 PM
phidong
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · EOS M accessories...

I'd pick up Richard Faniec's custom grip before an adapter. (or get both!) I got a 3rd party adapter which works pretty well but usually if I'm shooting with the M I don't want to carry the extra bulk or weight so I haven't used it much (and when I do want to use my other lenses I usually grab my 5D instead).

The grip is really nice though. Makes holding the M a lot easier since I can get a more solid grip on it with just one hand. It's still a bit awkward to use single handed but better than stock by far.

http://www.4mul8.net/up/files/2166_xrhrh/rfhand.jpg

Jan 28, 2014 at 09:25 PM
durianisgood

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · EOS M accessories...

I have the EOS-M + 22mm + 18-55mm + EF adapter. I thought about selling it, but with the 22mm it makes a nice compact kit that I can carry everywhere with me. The EF adapter makes it somewhat useful as a backup APS-C sensor camera. I've used it for a few macro shots with my 100L.

Jan 28, 2014 at 10:42 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · EOS M accessories...

If you're a 22mm shooter you might like a bright line OVF. The Olympus VF-1 is designed to cover the FOF of a 35mm lens, e.g., 17mm in M4/3 or 22mm in APS. I love using it on my E-P3.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81eLpkm7dAL._SL1500_.jpg

Jan 28, 2014 at 11:00 PM
JohnBrose
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · EOS M accessories...

I got a non-canon ef adaptor for about $50 I think at it works perfectly. That's one thing I don't know why Canon charges so much for, although I have seen the price has dropped quite a bit on the Canon made one also. The M is one of the best buys in the camera world right now. I do wish it focused better, but for the cost, I can easily live with it's inabilities.

Jan 28, 2014 at 11:16 PM
sirimiri
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · EOS M accessories...

phidong wrote:
I'd pick up Richard Faniec's custom grip before an adapter.

What color is your M body? It looks almost blue, by comparison to the lens.

Jan 29, 2014 at 01:46 AM
boingyman
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · EOS M accessories...

Hey Gochugogi would that OVF work on a EOS-M. I know nothing about this type of accessory, but I'm just curious.

Anyone else use any type of VF for their EOS-M?

Jan 29, 2014 at 01:54 PM
johnctharp
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · EOS M accessories...

The challenge with an accessory OVF would be that the LCD screen would not turn off, and would still be touch-sensitive. You might wind up taking pictures with your nose .

Jan 29, 2014 at 05:49 PM
jcw1982
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · EOS M accessories...

You can turn the "touch-shutter" feature off.

Jan 29, 2014 at 07:40 PM
johnctharp
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · EOS M accessories...

jcw1982 wrote:
You can turn the "touch-shutter" feature off.

Of course. There's still the potential for changing settings or shifting the focus point though.

I'm really hoping Canon puts out an OM-D E1 or XT-1 style EOS-M in the near future.They have all the parts!

Jan 29, 2014 at 08:46 PM
surf monkey
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · EOS M accessories...

johnctharp wrote:
I'm really hoping Canon puts out an OM-D E1 or XT-1 style EOS-M in the near future.They have all the parts!

Do they have all the parts?
Those two have great EVFs.
The OMD has a fantastic 5-axis in-camera stabilizer.
The Fuji has a better sensor.
They also have a much better stable of lenses made for mirrorless.
On the negative side, those bodies are quite a bit bigger.

I would love to see, if implemented right, but at this moment Canon is so far behind.

Jan 30, 2014 at 12:04 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.