New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Pricing advice

Prevelige
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Pricing advice

Hey everybody.

I've been kicking around the idea of getting some strobes to go with my speedlight kit. I saw this setup on CL and wanted some advice. Are white Lightnings solid and reliable? Are these too old to consider? I think I can set them up with my PW TT5 setup, with an AC7. Is that right?

http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/pho/4266601509.html

Thanks for your help.

Bob

Jan 28, 2014 at 10:06 AM
cwebster
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Pricing advice

So long as they work, I'd go for it. They are a bit old but so long as they work, they'll probably keep working for 15 more years. I doubt they'll do TTL because you can't remote control the brightness except with some old Paul Buff wired remotes.

<Chas>

Jan 28, 2014 at 09:23 PM
Prevelige
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Pricing advice

Thanks for the response Chas. I'll reach out to him, and see what he has to say. I wasn't expecting TTL functionality, but wireless triggering thru the PW system. It would be ideal if I can use my TT1 to control power, but maybe I'm getting greedy.

Bob

Jan 28, 2014 at 11:36 PM
photogreen
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Pricing advice

Prevelige wrote:
Thanks for the response Chas. I'll reach out to him, and see what he has to say. I wasn't expecting TTL functionality, but wireless triggering thru the PW system. It would be ideal if I can use my TT1 to control power, but maybe I'm getting greedy.

Bob

did it work out?

Feb 10, 2014 at 09:22 PM
erichard
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Pricing advice

cwebster wrote:
So long as they work, I'd go for it. They are a bit old but so long as they work, they'll probably keep working for 15 more years. I doubt they'll do TTL because you can't remote control the brightness except with some old Paul Buff wired remotes.

<Chas>

I don't have any of the equipment mentioned, but I do believe the white lightnings work with the newer cybersyncs in addition to the older buff wired stuff, even controlling the power, etc. (but no TTL of course). As I recall, the pocket wizards work as well, but I don't know the specifics as to what you need exactly to get the result you want, like remote power control, hypersync, etc.

Feb 11, 2014 at 02:37 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.