New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · how much to calibrate

skasol
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · how much to calibrate

How much will canon charge to calibrate 1Dx and 5DMkIII to my 50 1.2 that lens is so inconsistent.

thank you would i benefit from enrolling into their cp program?

Jan 27, 2014 at 10:52 AM
Invertalon
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · how much to calibrate

Is your lens new? Because if so, send both bodies in with the lens under warranty work and it should be free... I have done that a few times actually. Just say that focus is off on both and you would like them calibrated/checked together.

CPS is awesome though... I am on my third or fourth year, and it has paid for itself for sure... From the free loaner rentals (saves me big money on loaners), check/cleans, service work, etc... Can't beat it. The first year is dirt cheap too if you sell the CPS strap for $55.

The expedited turnarounds are great too. I just had my 5D3, 16-35 II and 70-200 II with them for check/calibrations... All free (two lenses under warranty, body with CMS "check/clean"). I sent last Monday, it arrived Thursday there due to weather delay of one day... They checked in Friday, did the work and shipped out same day. They are all currently waiting at my FedEx office for pickup after work!

Jan 27, 2014 at 12:43 PM
skasol
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · how much to calibrate

the lens isn't new. I wish I knew I would've sent it before the warranty expired which was about 2 months ago. I wanted to enroll in the CPS but when I try to access the site it gives me an error. thank you for your help. I do need to get cps as I would like to have my bodies clean 1dx and 5DMKIII. could you send me the link to cps. I google and followed the link but it gives me an error message.

I reset safari and it works now. I will pay for the gold membership right now to at least get my sensor on my 1DX clean.

Jan 27, 2014 at 12:48 PM
Invertalon
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · how much to calibrate

http://www.cps.usa.canon.com/

Jan 27, 2014 at 12:50 PM
Andrew J
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · how much to calibrate

I would just get FoCal and do it yourself. Under the new CPS program they don't calibrate with the free clean and check any more. A friend just sent a 400/5.6L and 7D. They quoted $240 for the 7d and $300 for the lens.

Jan 28, 2014 at 09:44 PM
skasol
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · how much to calibrate

Andrew J wrote:
I would just get FoCal and do it yourself. Under the new CPS program they don't calibrate with the free clean and check any more. A friend just sent a 400/5.6L and 7D. They quoted $240 for the 7d and $300 for the lens.

Wow that's pretty hefty.

Jan 28, 2014 at 09:51 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · how much to calibrate

skasol wrote:
How much will canon charge to calibrate 1Dx and 5DMkIII to my 50 1.2 that lens is so inconsistent.

thank you would i benefit from enrolling into their cp program?

did you try doing micro-focus adjustment?

Jan 29, 2014 at 12:06 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.