Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Washington DC

That bad, huh?

Jan 27, 2014 at 04:24 PM
Richard Booth
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Washington DC

Just saw this. I lived in the area for a long time and never saw a shot of the monument from this vantage point. Well done. If you used a tripod, you must have slipped past the US Park Service guards.

Richard

Jan 27, 2014 at 05:50 PM
ponz924
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Washington DC

Richard Booth wrote:
Just saw this. I lived in the area for a long time and never saw a shot of the monument from this vantage point. Well done. If you used a tripod, you must have slipped past the US Park Service guards.

Richard

Thank you. Nope No Tripod........I had to really work the sky on this one and remove a trash can from the lower left side.

Ponz

Jan 27, 2014 at 10:49 PM
mdude85
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Washington DC

The composition is interesting. But I'm not sure that the colors work. The sky looks polluted and I think the lighting could stand to take on a warmer hue. Also, there seems to be a ton of noise reduction applied to the image, giving it a blurry quality. Can you post the original?

Jan 29, 2014 at 10:48 AM
Game Changer
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Washington DC

...nice to see that the scaffolding has been removed.

Jan 29, 2014 at 11:08 AM
ponz924
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Washington DC

mdude85 wrote:
The composition is interesting. But I'm not sure that the colors work. The sky looks polluted and I think the lighting could stand to take on a warmer hue. Also, there seems to be a ton of noise reduction applied to the image, giving it a blurry quality. Can you post the original?

In the original shot, the sky was ver bland and extremely noise polluted. I spent a ton of time getting it to look this good?

I'm afraid I might have accidentally destroyed the original -- I'll have to look around a bit.

I'd love to get back there for the same shot with my 6D! The a900 was pretty good with DR but terrible in low light situations.

Ponz

Jan 29, 2014 at 01:26 PM
mdude85
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Washington DC

I think you should have just darkened the sky to black. Especially as you are already doing a lot of post-processing. It can be hard to get a good night shot in this area because sometimes the guards do not like when people use tripods.

Feb 07, 2014 at 12:44 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.