New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · D4 Focus

glenn1
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · D4 Focus

Had my D4 set to 9 point focus/afc,with centre focus square lit up with the surrounding focus dots lit up,shooting indoor athletics for a few hours then focus squares started going crazy,with 2/3 focus sqares lighting up and moving around as if the focus was set to auto or 3d which i've never used,any idea on this guys.

Jan 26, 2014 at 04:06 PM
MichGoBlue
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · D4 Focus

Sounds like something accidentally got turned on? Does it do it after you turn it off and remove the battery and then restart? Might try resetting to factory settings. I have shot all day with my D4 and never seen that.

Jan 27, 2014 at 10:33 AM
Joseph.
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · D4 Focus

Sounds like a 'confused' orientation sensor. Set a10 to off and see if the problem persists. What happens is you're tilting the camera and the sensor is getting confused somewhat and it switches between vertical and horizontal. If you have different AF points set for those orientations, the D4 will switch between them, as if your AF is going nuts. I've seen this on mine.. I turned off a10 and it disappeared.

I think the orientation sensor on the D4 is a little sensitive. I hope they improve this on the D4s.

Jan 27, 2014 at 03:51 PM
glenn1
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · D4 Focus

MichGoBlue, thanks for getting back,never had this problem before,took battery out,replaced now it seems ok.

DontShoot, will have a look at a10 ,hope youre right,had no other problems with it. thanks for input.

Jan 27, 2014 at 04:25 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.