p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 1D Mark IV Battery Info

Saw this on NatureScapes.net

http://www.naturescapes.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=241152

Jan 26, 2014 at 09:57 AM
msalvetti
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 1D Mark IV Battery Info

Yikes, both to the report that knockoff LP-E4 batteries from Amazon fried three MkIVs in one day, and that the old charger doesn't charge the new LP-E4Ns.

I know this charger issue came up recently, and here on FM the consensus seemed to be the old charger is fine. Here's one thread, Lars and Jim Colwell reported no problems.
https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1252275/0

Mark

Jan 26, 2014 at 10:15 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 1D Mark IV Battery Info

I own the old charger, the new charger, the old batteries and the new batteries. And you can mix them all in any way that you like. I have done that for over a year without any problems or issues. And none of my 5 batteries have any problems. So I don't belive the writing in the link. Read the link carefully. All his 6 batteries died at the same time because he used the other charger And when he insert his replacement batteries. Four knock-off batteries. He had shutter failure on all three camera within a few hours because it was not original Canon batteries Yes sure

Edited on Jan 26, 2014 at 11:28 AM · View previous versions

Jan 26, 2014 at 11:16 AM
rdalrt
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 1D Mark IV Battery Info

Has anybody here tried a calibration of the new batteries on the old charger? Is that supported?

Jan 26, 2014 at 11:28 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 1D Mark IV Battery Info

rdalrt wrote:
Has anybody here tried a calibration of the new batteries on the old charger? Is that supported?

Read my post again

Jan 26, 2014 at 11:29 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 1D Mark IV Battery Info

Since getting a 1DX in Aug 2012, I've been using 4x LP-E4 and 2x LP-E4N batteries interchangeably in my 1DX and 1DIV, and in my LC-E4 and LC-E4N chargers. No problems.

msalvetti wrote:
... Lars and Jim Colwell reported no problems.
https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1252275/0

Mark

Still no problems...

Jan 26, 2014 at 12:21 PM
schlotz
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 1D Mark IV Battery Info

Lars Johnsson wrote:
I own the old charger, the new charger, the old batteries and the new batteries. And you can mix them all in any way that you like. I have done that for over a year without any problems or issues. And none of my 5 batteries have any problems. So I don't belive the writing in the link. Read the link carefully. All his 6 batteries died at the same time because he used the other charger And when he insert his replacement batteries. Four knock-off batteries. He had shutter failure on all three camera within a few hours
...Show more

+1 here, no issues with both types of Canon batteries using either Canon charger.

Jan 26, 2014 at 04:56 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.