FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · To amonline !!!

jmraso
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · To amonline !!!

Please stay in the forum (well I kmow you aint leaving, you probably cant as you,we, are hooked ) I have appreciated most of your commets every time and my answer to you in my "I just love" post wasnt targeted specifiaclly to you but to the tendency, I wasnt targetting to any one in particular!!! I just used your answer that is all.

As said some time ago things would be different ( probably ) if we discussed matters in person in a face to face forum witn a nice beer in one hand and unhealthy snacks on the other one.

True things are kindof different these days around here, who knows why , the recession But still a good learning forum in my opnion.

Sure some times I am sick of this forum but then I stumble in a really interesting post that makes me bigger, better and with more stuff to offer to my clients and that is good for my business and so it is for my lovely son future.

P.S. Hasta luego Alan.

Jaime

Jan 26, 2014 at 06:10 AM
Scott Mosher
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · To amonline !!!

What did I miss?

Jan 26, 2014 at 05:05 PM
SloPhoto
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · To amonline !!!

Scott Mosher wrote:
What did I miss?

umm, yea

Jan 26, 2014 at 06:43 PM
cordellwillis
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · To amonline !!!

Craigslist missed opportunity or something going on here?

Jan 26, 2014 at 09:00 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · To amonline !!!

Scott Mosher wrote:
What did I miss?

He said that the forum has gone down the tubes over the past year and so he was leaving.

Edited on Jan 27, 2014 at 12:53 AM · View previous versions

Jan 26, 2014 at 11:24 PM
Jamesbjenkins
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · To amonline !!!

Flouncing is forbidden on almost all the forums I frequent.

If you're going to leave, then leave. Anything else is self-promotion, IMO. Certainly nothing against Alan, as I really like his posts, but the above is still true.

Jan 27, 2014 at 12:05 AM
Depth of Feel
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · To amonline !!!

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Film/Pix/pictures/2009/4/30/1241095118372/John-Cusack-in-Say-Anythi-002.jpg

Jan 27, 2014 at 12:07 AM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · To amonline !!!

Jamesbjenkins wrote:
Flouncing is forbidden on almost all the forums I frequent.

L.O.L. Never heard of a forum that has a rule against it.

Jan 27, 2014 at 12:19 AM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · To amonline !!!

Jamesbjenkins wrote:
If you're going to leave, then leave.

You think the forum has changed in the past year?

Jan 27, 2014 at 12:56 AM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · To amonline !!!

jmraso wrote:
True things are kind of different these days around here, who knows why, the recession

What do you notice, Jaime?

Jan 27, 2014 at 01:05 AM
Mitch W
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · To amonline !!!

This conversation comes up annually around this time. Some attribute it to the slow season, too much time on ones hands, and the winter blues. Meh, it's just a forum. Walk away and take a break if you need to.

Jan 27, 2014 at 09:10 AM
cordellwillis
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · To amonline !!!

Mitch W wrote:
This conversation comes up annually around this time. Some attribute it to the slow season, too much time on ones hands, and the winter blues. Meh, it's just a forum. Walk away and take a break if you need to.

+1 I've been here a while and have seen these comments saying 'the forum has changed'. Its ALWAYS changing because new people come along and the old ones don't post as much.

The ones that are new here are often somewhat new to photography and ask questions that have been asked a billion times over. Their feelings get hurt. Someone comes in to help them feel better. Then there is ANOTHER discussion about how nice everyone used to be and some folks leave because of any number of reasons. We get a post like this one and start over again.

Jan 27, 2014 at 09:57 AM
Mitch W
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · To amonline !!!

cordellwillis wrote:
+1 I've been here a while and have seen these comments saying 'the forum has changed'. Its ALWAYS changing because new people come along and the old ones don't post as much.

The ones that are new here are often somewhat new to photography and ask questions that have been asked a billion times over. Their feelings get hurt. Someone comes in to help them feel better. Then there is ANOTHER discussion about how nice everyone used to be and some folks leave because of any number of reasons. We get a post like this one and start over again.

Agree. Actually, all things considered, this has been one of the milder seasons as far as snarkiness, insensitivity and oversensitivity goes. Much less drama than usual this time of year.

Jan 27, 2014 at 10:21 AM
Scott Mosher
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · To amonline !!!

Mitch W wrote:

+2. I've been here a while as well and every year around here this happens. Its the slow season and people have more time to do things. Just like when things are in full swing in the summer/fall there is a little less content since people are out shooting. Winter is more ranting, summer is more raving.

Jan 27, 2014 at 11:17 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.