Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda, JimFox
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Shem Creek

bradf35
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Shem Creek

I took this last weekend. It's from the bridge over Shem Creek in Mt. Pleasant, SC. I posted a picture from the same spot a while back, but I didn't have the clouds or colors that I had this evening. From the radar it looked like the clouds were coming in, and it was going to be completely overcast. They held back just long enough for sunset. C&C welcomed.

Jan 26, 2014 at 02:22 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Shem Creek

Hey Brad,

It looks like you did get some color. I think just a little more contrast in the ground layer would be nice.

And if that's a creek?? wow... never seen a creek that big before!

Jim

Jan 26, 2014 at 07:17 AM
bradf35
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Shem Creek

JimFox wrote:
Hey Brad,

It looks like you did get some color. I think just a little more contrast in the ground layer would be nice.

And if that's a creek?? wow... never seen a creek that big before!

Jim

Looking at the image again, I agree 100% with the contrast. I'll have to add some. Yeah, this is right at the begining of Shem Creek, and it opens into Charleston Harbour just beyond the boats. I'm standing on a bridge on this picture, and it gets a lot smaller behind me.

Jan 26, 2014 at 10:26 AM
dblight

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Shem Creek

bradf35 wrote:
I took this last weekend. It's from the bridge over Shem Creek in Mt. Pleasant, SC. I posted a picture from the same spot a while back, but I didn't have the clouds or colors that I had this evening. From the radar it looked like the clouds were coming in, and it was going to be completely overcast. They held back just long enough for sunset. C&C welcomed.

http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss37/bradf35/D800E-7.jpg

I have always wanted to get this shot but have not at this time, I'm up in Myrtle Beach, Love Chucky-Town!
Is it me, but it seems like the image is a little out of Focus, Have you printed it to see what it looks like?

Jan 26, 2014 at 08:26 PM
bradf35
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Shem Creek

dblight wrote:
I have always wanted to get this shot but have not at this time, I'm up in Myrtle Beach, Love Chucky-Town!
Is it me, but it seems like the image is a little out of Focus, Have you printed it to see what it looks like?

I haven't printed it yet, but it looks good at 100% in photoshop. I see what you're talking about on here though. I think it might be the lack of contrast that Jim was talking about, or something wrong with the JPEG conversion or the hosting site. The best part about taking picutres this time of year at Shem Creeks is walking off the bridge and into Red's for a couple of beers and crab legs.

Jan 27, 2014 at 02:50 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password