Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Best iPhone voice audio recording app/setup for lav mic?

pjny
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Best iPhone voice audio recording app/setup for lav mic?

Hi,

I need to record voice audio using a Rode Smartlav lavalier mic connected to an iPhone 5s for later syncing to Final Cut Pro X on video shot with a Panasonic G-X7(no mic input).

I've looked at dozens of apps on the app store and haven't seen one that really fits what I am looking for: one that records uncompressed WAV, has auto level so that audio doesn't clip and has a decent way to monitor mic audio on a pair of headphones.

Anyone used the iRig by IK Multimedia? I'm not sure if I need this for recording audio on an iPhone. Is it to boost/cleanup the incoming audio from a mic?

I want to improve the quality of recorded voice audio for interviews and looking for any tips. Thanks.

Jan 25, 2014 at 11:57 AM
TWeistar
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Best iPhone voice audio recording app/setup for lav mic?

I have an iRig. It is a preamp and has a XLR input. It will improve the sound quality because you won't have to rely on the preamp in your phone, which are not high quality. I don't think it will work with the Rode Smart Lav because it needs plug in power which is 10 volts, the iRig supplies phantom power, for professional mics, through the XLR plug which is 48 volts. If you have a XLR lav mic then you would be in business.

As far as an App, Rode makes one for use with the Smart Lav. I have not used it, but I have seen some reviews, and it seems to work well. Here is a link.

http://www.rodemic.com/software/roderec

Feb 22, 2014 at 11:01 PM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.