Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

end

what's up with the new guys?

EB-1
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · what's up with the new guys?

trenchmonkey wrote:
Probably because your listing makes as much sense as "for trade: my 2 $50 bills for your $100 bill"
Who in their right mind would send someone (esp. an unknown hereabouts) $120 for the hope of getting
$120 back in return. Think you're taking heat because that's absurd. Discounting heavily might work. GL

Feb 17, 2014 at 12:52 AM
anthonysemone
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · what's up with the new guys?

This is really simple: despite the fact that the guy is violating the TOS - cards cannot be transferred - he's simply in need of cash and wants to trade out the cards for equivalent cash.

Feb 17, 2014 at 01:52 AM
kasala

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · what's up with the new guys?

I would agree with what has been said a couple of times. People don't come to a forum such as this looking to pay full price. They are looking to get a "deal" (notice I didn't say steal) on an item they want or need.

In the event of a gift card, I agree whole heartedly with what's been said above -why would I pay $120 for a gift card worth $120 from an 'unknown' individual when I could just go spend the same money at the store of choice and not wait for a gift card to show up.

I do, to some degree, feel your frustration. Every time I've sold something on here there's that one guy who basically offers half. My usual response is 'Is that your first payment?'.

GL.

Feb 27, 2014 at 06:51 PM
kzoockof
• •
p.2 #4 · what's up with the new guys?

jasonyuen wrote:
new guy here. I'm working my way up to 25 posts so I can join the buy/sell. Any advice on what to avoid, be careful of, or watch out for?

Sure, here is what I believe new members should do when selling for the first few times:

#1: post pictures of everything, even new in box, and include in the picture your username and date.
#2: post in the primary part of the listing that when/if you receive an offer that you will accept, that you will post directly to your listing, before the buyer makes payment, that you accept specific buyers offer and that sale is pending receipt of funds (that makes them confident that you are not selling the same item to everybody)
#3: offer in your post that you will share your full contact information, including phone number and other details with any interested buyer before they make payment (so they can confirm who you are)
#4: post in your ad that you will only accept paypal regular and that no fees for this will be charged to the buyer, and that you will only ship to paypal confirmed addresses. Of course that you are happy to complete any transaction in person and make sure your ID shows your city (not a State or Country)
#5: If it is an unusually high priced item, offer to sell only to established member with a deposit via Paypal and shipped COD. Note that the deposit needs to cover the cost of the insured shipping, including it's return if the buyer refuses the shipment.

We've all been new to selling on one site or another. I have found in the few sites I have used for high ticket items (used sale prices of $10,000 speakers, $5,000 amps, etc. . . ), that taking the extra steps on these high ticket sales, talking to the buyer/seller, and sharing personal information is what creates confidence. I have never sold anybody anything on line without providing my personal phone number and my work toll free number (with a link to my company's website, so they could pull company contact info. from there too). I am willing to go only so far for an item that has a sales price of only a few hundred dollars, but add some more digits and you better be willing to be more sharing! IMHO

Mar 05, 2014 at 11:39 PM
kzoockof
• •
p.2 #5 · what's up with the new guys?

The only person I would buy a gift card from for full face value is one of my kids or a close personal friend. Why would I buy a gift card from an unknown person at full face value? There is absolutely zero, nadda, no, none benefit for me in doing so.

If I had a gift card to sell for a business I had no interest in, then I would sell it, at the store location to a shopper that is about to buy something. I would offer them a discount of 10-25% and stand in line with them until their transaction, with the GC I sold them, is completed. Without me standing there for the transaction and if I am a stranger to the buyer, it is my opinion that the GC is worth somewhere between 10-20% of face value. Because that would need to be the reward for that incredibly high level of risk I would need for such a gamble.

Mar 05, 2014 at 11:47 PM
       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password