Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Archive 2014 · Just Realized -- My kit is complete! :)

Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Just Realized -- My kit is complete! :)

In chatting it up in other threads, I just realized -- My kit is complete! I have what I need to do what I'm interested in doing. I have a few wants, like a 2nd lighter body and a lightweight telephoto option, but honestly there's nothing I need. (Dare I mention a D400 upgrade? )

Camera
D300

Lenses
10-24 DX
17-55 DX
50 f/1.8 AF-D
70-200 VR
Tamron 180 micro
300 f/2.8 AFS-VR
1.7 TC

Flash
SB800
SB900

Support
Gitzo GT 3540XLS
Gitzo G1252
Gitzo GM 3550
Acratech UBH-2
Custom Bracket Digital Pro

And of course the usual CP, ND and Lee filter system with GND. Assortment of bags, cleaning supplies, and a Black Rapid strap.

Life is good!

Jan 24, 2014 at 08:41 AM
VinnieJ
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Just Realized -- My kit is complete! :)

Don't you know all D300's stopped working when the D300s came out? Now all the D300s bodies are slowly spontaneously combusting because they weren't suppose to be used this long.

I do like your choice in gear, especially the 300/2.8.

Jan 24, 2014 at 08:45 AM
Steve Perry
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Just Realized -- My kit is complete! :)

Well, you just blew it. This little post will cost you thousands.

The second you say something crazy like "My kit is complete", your subconscience goes to work figuring out all the ways it ISN'T complete. In the next few hours you'll think of a whole slew of new lenses you just have to have.

Trust me, I know these things

Jan 24, 2014 at 09:02 AM
binary visions
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Just Realized -- My kit is complete! :)

Well, I won't say my kit is complete but I am also in a pretty good spot where I don't have any immediate needs that I can reasonably address.

The two big holes were a 35mm I was happy with (never got along with my 35mm f/1.8 DX), which I filled with the Sigma lightning sale before the holidays... and my girlfriend gave me an SB700 for Christmas, after I've been saying for a few years now that I was going to pick up a nice flash to supplant my manual Sunpak 383.

I need/want a 500mm f/4 but it's not in the budget at the moment. Can't think of much else!

Jan 24, 2014 at 09:24 AM
Avi B
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Just Realized -- My kit is complete! :)

Steve Perry wrote:

The second you say something crazy like "My kit is complete", your subconscience goes to work figuring out all the ways it ISN'T complete. In the next few hours you'll think of a whole slew of new lenses you just have to have.

Yeah I'm with Steve on this one.

You just jinxed yourself.

Jan 24, 2014 at 09:39 AM
Hardcore
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Just Realized -- My kit is complete! :)

I thought my kit was nearing completion until spontaneously, out of nowhere, I now require a Fuji X system. WTF is up with that?

Jan 24, 2014 at 09:52 AM
Steve Perry
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Just Realized -- My kit is complete! :)

Hardcore wrote:
I thought my kit was nearing completion until spontaneously, out of nowhere, I now require a Fuji X system. WTF is up with that?

See my post above

Jan 24, 2014 at 10:05 AM
euua
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Just Realized -- My kit is complete! :)

this absolute truth !!!
Never ever ever say "C" word or else you will pay the price - NAS will hunt you down

It did with me lol - just when I figure I am happy with everything I got, opportunity came around to sell one lens and get 180/2.8 macro hahah which I do need

Steve Perry wrote:

Jan 24, 2014 at 10:13 AM
lxdesign
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Just Realized -- My kit is complete! :)

I need a 35mm prime ..... the new FX one. Then I think I am going to be as complete as my pocketbook will allow for a while.

Jan 24, 2014 at 10:18 AM
Mr. G
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Just Realized -- My kit is complete! :)

COMPLETED !!! ............Never.........

My D300 and my really good copy of the 18-200 VR II would cover 95% of what I photograph, for fun and for my little side photo business.

But one DSLR and one lens would never satisfy my NAS, hence all my other gear.......

I have a Nikon 16-35 for my FX body and now I want to go to 14mm. I'll probably start with the Rokinon before I get a 14-24.

I recently bought my 3rd 300 f4 and still want a 300 f2.8.

I still want another 70-180 f4 Micro to replace the one I stupidly sold years ago.

It never ends though there are a couple of things I have held on to forever. My old Arca Swiss B-1 ballhead being one and my Nikon F-4s being another. I've had the ballhead since the F-4s was my primary camera

Now I am looking for more MF Nikkors, the modern AF lenses have taken a lot of the dexterous skills and tactile feeling out of my photography Nothing beats the feel of focusing a properly lubed MF Nikkor.

Jan 24, 2014 at 10:18 AM
John Skinner
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Just Realized -- My kit is complete! :)

I said the same thing to myself about 50 times over the last 4 years... 10 grand and months later... I'm desperately scouring for a 500 or 600..

You screwed yourself into the ground head first just by uttering the words "my kit is complete".. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Jan 24, 2014 at 12:33 PM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Just Realized -- My kit is complete! :)

Why do I have a sudden urge to get a 400 f/2.8 ... and 35f/1.8 and 85f/1.8 would round out my fast primes ... and I need a 24PC ... and 10mm is not wide enough, so a fisheye is needed ...

Jan 24, 2014 at 01:13 PM
shmn
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Just Realized -- My kit is complete! :)

Sometimes it's more fun 'wanting' something than 'having' something. If your 'want' suddenly turns into a 'have'...you will need to establish a new 'want'. It never ends.

Jan 24, 2014 at 01:19 PM
AMaji
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Just Realized -- My kit is complete! :)

You really "need" a second body... get an used D7100 and you will find it is so much fun to shoot with two bodies mounted with two of your favorite lens...

When the D400 comes out, you can wait for a few months and then pick up a lightly used one. Till that time the D7100/D300 will serve you well.

A kit is never complete...

Jan 24, 2014 at 01:46 PM
kezeka
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Just Realized -- My kit is complete! :)

"complete"? I have thought that a few times...

it never seems to be true for long.

Jan 24, 2014 at 02:00 PM
2of9
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Just Realized -- My kit is complete! :)

Very nice list! What about the 200 F/2? hehe. just kidding. Lovin' the 10-24

Jan 24, 2014 at 02:14 PM
Frogfish
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Just Realized -- My kit is complete! :)

I haven't bought a lens in a looooong while (at least 4 months) and I'm beginning to get withdrawal symptoms. Every time a thread comes up or a great lens is mentioned I start counting my pennies since I've already swapped out everything that I didn't want/hardly used.

Fact is though the Zeiss 21, Sigma 35, Nikon135/2 DC and 300/2.8 VRII (with TCs) covers 99% of my shooting

The Sigma 85/1.4, 200/2, 500/4 and a couple of SB910s refuse to go away though ..... can't you hear their siren calls ?

Jan 24, 2014 at 02:22 PM
Joseph.
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Just Realized -- My kit is complete! :)

Awesome! Now go out and shoot

Jan 24, 2014 at 02:34 PM
niXer
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Just Realized -- My kit is complete! :)

I've said this about 8 times and I end up finding something else to complete my kit.

Now I just say my kit is just resting for a bit because I know in a couple of months I'm going to get the sudden urge to buy/sell.

Jan 24, 2014 at 02:44 PM
hijazist
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Just Realized -- My kit is complete! :)

Yeah right Andre, and I've quit smoking many times, it's so easy

You're definitely missing out on Chubby!

Jan 24, 2014 at 02:48 PM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.