Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Carl Auer, Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

remote camera set up with strobes and pocket wizard III

Xtreme10
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · remote camera set up with strobes and pocket wizard III

I am trying to use a remote camera at the back board. I use Alien Bee's in the corner s of the gym and they are triggered by my PW III and if I try to use the PW III on the remote camera to try and trigger the lights the delay is to long flash goes off before the camera. Any help is good. Thanks

Jan 24, 2014 at 12:15 PM
ElanKawesch

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · remote camera set up with strobes and pocket wizard III

Can you set a delay on the plus III's? I'm not sure you can...

This article should help: http://www.sportsshooter.com/news/1709

Jan 24, 2014 at 02:44 PM
mkchang
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · remote camera set up with strobes and pocket wizard III

Yeah, I don't think you are going to be able to do that with the 3's. You'll need a multimax to set delays.

Jan 24, 2014 at 08:45 PM
mcarlson
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · remote camera set up with strobes and pocket wizard III

You don't need a MultiMax, and you don't need to set delays. It's relatively simple if you don't want to also sync strobes to another hand-held camera (that's where it gets messy). If you simply want to trigger your remote camera and sync it to your strobe you can take advantage of the Plus III's "Auto Relay Mode" ( http://www.pocketwizard.com/inspirations/tutorials/auto_relay_mode/ )

Essentially, use a hand-held radio to trigger the remote camera...that Plus III (mounted on remote hot shoe) will fire the camera and then send out another signal to the strobe ONE CHANNEL HIGHER - so, if you fire the remote on channel 1, set your lights on channel 2. That should sync them.

NOTE - again - you won't be able to use this if you're trying to trigger the remote with a hand-held camera and trying to sync both to the lights...that's where math is involved...

Jan 24, 2014 at 09:03 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Ed Peters
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · remote camera set up with strobes and pocket wizard III

As above, hand held remote fires channel #1, which fires camera #1 and its' remote on channel #2, which fires strobes. If you have another camera #2 you have its' romote fire channel #2 also. Strobes will fire on either camera..

Jan 25, 2014 at 04:34 PM
Ed Peters
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · remote camera set up with strobes and pocket wizard III

As above, hand held remote fires channel #1, which fires camera #1 and its' remote (receive #1/transmit #2) which fires strobes. If you have another camera #2 you have its' romote (transmit only) fire channel #2 also. Strobes will fire on either camera..

Jan 25, 2014 at 04:36 PM
cmpdesignz2010
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · remote camera set up with strobes and pocket wizard III

I didn't read all the responses, but what you need is an extra remote. You want to set one remote to trigger the camera and one to trip the lights. Then it should work fine.

Jan 26, 2014 at 09:02 AM
Xtreme10
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · remote camera set up with strobes and pocket wizard III

Pocket wizard III worked just fine. Thanks

Feb 05, 2014 at 08:25 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password