Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

How to Light this?

h317

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · How to Light this?

Losing the battle to polar vortex and staying indoor. Figured I should use my strobes more.

Color was added in post, playing with selective color in PS. C&C welcome.

Jan 24, 2014 at 01:51 AM
cwebster
• • • •
p.1 #2 · How to Light this?

The only thing I would change is the central bright spot on the b/g, but I just don't like that style, even though my clients request it too ;-)

The shiny bits seem shiny OK, but the matte bits still seem shiny. And I'm really not fond of the overall blue cast, as if the c/t of the strobes was off.

Nice work, none the less!

<Chas>

Jan 24, 2014 at 07:37 AM
rico
• • • •
p.1 #3 · How to Light this?

Nice control of those speculars on the shaft. I would add a little more sculpting to the head.

Jan 24, 2014 at 11:23 AM
h317

p.1 #4 · How to Light this?

Thanks for the comments, cwebster and rico.

I can't change the style but I can certainly revert the color back to its original. Chalk this one up as rookie mistake. Got carried away in learning the power of selective color adjustment in PS 8>

rico, what do you mean by sculpting the head? I had the intention to highlight the grooves on the putter head. Maybe not enough to draw the attention? Did you mean adding an additional hard light to skimp across the face?

Jan 24, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

rico
• • • •
p.1 #5 · How to Light this?

I thought the grooves, and logo on the underside, came out perfectly. The head is perhaps too uniformly lit. If each face had (slightly) different brightness, the dimensionality of the head would be heightened. Just a thought.

Jan 25, 2014 at 05:45 PM
Gregg Heckler
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · How to Light this?

I think it looks great but I would put a vignette on it. By the way I love my Scotty Cameron too.

Jan 26, 2014 at 07:09 AM
h317

p.1 #7 · How to Light this?

Thanks, Gregg.

Got it, rico. The toe face was actually completely dark (at the time I thought it looked odd) before I added a white fill card. I will surely note that next time.

Jan 26, 2014 at 01:27 PM
ggOk
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · How to Light this?

I like the second photo. It shows Scotty's black chrome finish well. I have 3 Scotty's and call them 'holy trinity'
/r
Andy

Feb 11, 2014 at 10:38 AM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password