Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2014 · Have you received your Tamron 150-600 yet ?

Mike M. Kraus
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Have you received your Tamron 150-600 yet ?

Well I went ahead and did the preorder for the new Tamron 150-600 lens. Hoping it shows soon
Ordered mine from B&H
Wondering how many people have received the lens and how long was the wait ?
Thanks, Mike

Jan 23, 2014 at 06:28 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Have you received your Tamron 150-600 yet ?

Why don't you ask B&H? Other dealer supplies and delivery times will vary.

Jan 23, 2014 at 06:31 PM
Kathy White
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Have you received your Tamron 150-600 yet ?

Mine arrived yesterday afternoon.

Jan 23, 2014 at 06:45 PM
MDelinquento
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Have you received your Tamron 150-600 yet ?

I ordered from Adorama on the 6th.
Still "pending" grrrrrr.

M

Jan 23, 2014 at 07:24 PM
dsr1
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Have you received your Tamron 150-600 yet ?

Mine came in about an hour ago. B&H sent me a Shipped notice for 2:50 AM Saturday the 18th and it made to from NY, all the way to Chicago on the 21st. It was delivered just in time for the big freeze down here in Texas. Not like up north but our low tonight is to be 11 degrees and high tomorrow 26 with 20 to 30 moh winds.. I'll waite to play with it.

I was suprised that the Tamron box had the lens only in it. No brochures or explanations of the lens. Don't think I ever opened a box with nothing in it but packing and the item I ordered. Lens looks really solid and has an excellent finish though.

Jan 23, 2014 at 07:48 PM
Sjjindra
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Have you received your Tamron 150-600 yet ?

I placed a relatively late order for one from Adorama on January 9th. When it was obvious I missed their 1st shipment I located one at OneCall and placed an order on Friday January 17. Took delivery on Monday the 20th. Haven't had a chance to get out with it, but so far am impressed with build and image quality of some indoor test shots of a $20 bill.

Steve

Jan 23, 2014 at 08:27 PM
Sjjindra
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Have you received your Tamron 150-600 yet ?

dsr1 wrote:
Mine came in about an hour ago. B&H sent me a Shipped notice for 2:50 AM Saturday the 18th and it made to from NY, all the way to Chicago on the 21st. It was delivered just in time for the big freeze down here in Texas. Not like up north but our low tonight is to be 11 degrees and high tomorrow 26 with 20 to 30 moh winds.. I'll waite to play with it.

I was suprised that the Tamron box had the lens only in it. No brochures or explanations of the lens. Don't think I ever opened
...Show more

Mine came with a number of folded papers in a little packet about 2" x 4" x 1/4", including a large multi-language instructions sheet (white), a caution sheet (yellow), a sheet on suggestions for better pictures (white), a sheet about Silkypix Software with Serial Number and Product Key (blue), and a small paper with lens Model and Serial number (white).

Check your box carefully. If not located, you should check with B&H. As you probably know, they're a great company and will take care of you.

Steve

Jan 23, 2014 at 08:44 PM
Tom_W
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Have you received your Tamron 150-600 yet ?

My order is pending from B&H, but I didn't order until a few days ago. No hurry, but I would like to take it out for a spin!

Jan 23, 2014 at 09:15 PM
cameron12x
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Have you received your Tamron 150-600 yet ?

I pre-ordered mine at B&H on 12/26 and it arrived yesterday.

You won't be disappointed. A most impressive lens for the money.

Jan 23, 2014 at 09:23 PM
dsr1
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Have you received your Tamron 150-600 yet ?

Sjjindra wrote:
Mine came with a number of folded papers in a little packet about 2" x 4" x 1/4", including a large multi-language instructions sheet (white), a caution sheet (yellow), a sheet on suggestions for better pictures (white), a sheet about Silkypix Software with Serial Number and Product Key (blue), and a small paper with lens Model and Serial number (white).

Check your box carefully. If not located, you should check with B&H. As you probably know, they're a great company and will take care of you.

Steve

Steve,

I took all the packing cardboard around the lens apart and nothing was there. I called B&H this morning and they said to call Tamron, which makes sense for missins paperwork & software. Tamron said , if they had all the stuff that should have come with the lens they will mail it to me. If there's a problem they'll call me back.

It's cold today but the sun's shinning so I'll get to play with the lens a little in good light. Looking forward to it.

DonR

Jan 24, 2014 at 12:27 PM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Have you received your Tamron 150-600 yet ?

dsr1 wrote:
Steve,

I took all the packing cardboard around the lens apart and nothing was there. I called B&H this morning and they said to call Tamron, which makes sense for missins paperwork & software. Tamron said , if they had all the stuff that should have come with the lens they will mail it to me. If there's a problem they'll call me back.

It's cold today but the sun's shinning so I'll get to play with the lens a little in good light. Looking forward to it.

DonR

You really aren't missing any detailed instructions that you would find helpful. You will need a license number to install the software Silkypix if you want it.
When you go to Tamron's site to register your lens you will get an error message and a phone number to call. The site won't correctly recognize your serial number yet so they will do it verbally with you over the phone.

Karl

Jan 24, 2014 at 12:54 PM
dsr1
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Have you received your Tamron 150-600 yet ?

Karl Witt wrote:
You really aren't missing any detailed instructions that you would find helpful. You will need a license number to install the software Silkypix if you want it.
When you go to Tamron's site to register your lens you will get an error message and a phone number to call. The site won't correctly recognize your serial number yet so they will do it verbally with you over the phone.

Karl

Karl,

Didn't need any of the stuff that should have been in the box except for the software, It's just that I save all the paper work, manuals, etc. that come with anything I buy. If I ever want to sell the item I can state that it's in factory box with everything that came with it when I bought it. It just sounds better than listing every thing that's missing.

DonR

Jan 24, 2014 at 01:18 PM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Have you received your Tamron 150-600 yet ?

dsr1 wrote:
Karl,

Didn't need any of the stuff that should have been in the box except for the software, It's just that I save all the paper work, manuals, etc. that come with anything I buy. If I ever want to sell the item I can state that it's in factory box with everything that came with it when I bought it. It just sounds better than listing every thing that's missing.

DonR

I agree on your concept. Just wanted to let you know that the instructions are quite basic and there didn't seem to be any special points made other that suggesting that the image will shift at first when VC engages. The SilkyPix software is a limited version of the full version, I haven't played yet with it to see directly what is offers dedicated to Tamron lenses but with temps at about '0' here with 25-35mph winds I probably won't be out shooting and might as well play with some new software for a bit
Enjoy your lens.......
Karl

Jan 24, 2014 at 01:52 PM
brapoza

p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Have you received your Tamron 150-600 yet ?

What mount did you get?

Jan 24, 2014 at 02:53 PM
brapoza

p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Have you received your Tamron 150-600 yet ?

dsr1 what lens mount did you get

Jan 24, 2014 at 02:57 PM
voltaire
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Have you received your Tamron 150-600 yet ?

brapoza,
Only mount available right now is Canon. Nikon and Sony will follow in March or April I think.

Hope this helps.

Jan 24, 2014 at 03:24 PM
webzeal
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Have you received your Tamron 150-600 yet ?

ordered one from Adorama on 12/23, still on backorder
when I called the company they said they were still waiting on tamron
has anyone received theirs from Adorama yet?
if so, when did you order it?
wondering if they are still working on ones pre 12/23 or if something is screwed up

Jan 24, 2014 at 04:19 PM
dsr1
• •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Have you received your Tamron 150-600 yet ?

brapoza wrote:
dsr1 what lens mount did you get

I got the Canon mount.

Jan 24, 2014 at 06:47 PM
dsr1
• •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Have you received your Tamron 150-600 yet ?

I got to play with the lens for a few minutes today on my 7D. Just hand held, taking pictures around my yard. If you haven't gotten the lens yet or had a chance to try it out, prepare to be amazed, I was. I really never dreamed I'd be able to handhold this lens at 600mm cause I usually shake quite a bit but when I put the images in my computer I didn't have a one OOF. Granted everything was stationary but some were almost a block away.

I don't run test cause I'm not experenced enough and I don't really care about all that stuff except to pay attention to others test to decide if I want the lens but the test for me is if I can make a pleasing image after PP. and not much of that. I used Helicon Filter that I bought about 6 years ago for $79.00 for life time up-grades. I maybe crop, run lite noise removal, and sharpen a little if it needs it. These images probably won't impress many people but for a 70 year old cripple with the shakes I am well pleased. Don't be to hard on them cause I not a pro and took them quickly and went on to the next one just to see what I could do with this lens. A few days and a little more attention to technicque and I'm sure the images this lens will turn out will be excellent..

My neighbor was amazed cause about 20 minutes after I took that shot I gave him a 4x6 print. He said, this is what you took of me from your front porch a few minutes ago? That's why I like photography, the smiles it putes on other's faces.

DonR

© dsr1 2014

Barn about 80 yards, no cropping, NR, sharpening just a tad.

© dsr1 2014

Stump aboue 50 yards, No cropping, NR, a little sharpening

Sigh across a 4 lane street and two houses down from my front porch, Same PP

© dsr1 2014

Next door neighbor about 40 yards, little cropping, NR, Little sharpening

Jan 24, 2014 at 07:37 PM
BobSam

p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Have you received your Tamron 150-600 yet ?

dsr1 wrote:
I got to play with the lens for a few minutes today on my 7D. Just hand held, taking pictures around my yard. If you haven't gotten the lens yet or had a chance to try it out, prepare to be amazed, I was. I really never dreamed I'd be able to handhold this lens at 600mm cause I usually shake quite a bit but when I put the images in my computer I didn't have a one OOF. Granted everything was stationary but some were almost a block away.

I don't run test cause I'm not experenced enough and
...Show more

Thanks! Same age, same shakes, same goal ... catching smiles.

Jan 24, 2014 at 09:02 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.