Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Tom Hicks
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Macro World Resource

FM Forums | Macro World | Join Upload & Sell

Oyster Mushroom

birdfreak12
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Oyster Mushroom

I found these yesterday in grocery store. Decided to try another "light" painting. C&C greatly appreciated.

Jan 23, 2014 at 02:35 PM
bladesofgrass
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Oyster Mushroom

To my eye this doesn't have the same impact as your first shot which was truly masterful. I would say that there is not enough shadow with the white cloth they're on becoming a little distracting, especially as you can view the textures in the right hand margin. The subjects also seem a little limp and lacking in interest.

Jan 24, 2014 at 12:41 PM
Gregg B.
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Oyster Mushroom

He's learning Blades... but some of your points are valid. I'd sharpen the image and darken a bit too....
It's still a nice attempt.

Jan 24, 2014 at 11:42 PM
e6filmuser
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Oyster Mushroom

Saying much the same thing a different way: My brain is confused because the lighting seems to be coming from below (large white area) and, at the same time, from above. We are accustomed to a world in which light comes mostly from one direction and rarely from opposite directions.

Harold

Jan 25, 2014 at 02:14 PM
StephenS_CP

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Oyster Mushroom

I really like this pretty much as is. It is significantly different in style from your prior attempts. This style resonates much more deeply with me and I wouldn't compare the two sets of images.

For me, this a very interesting and captivating abstract. I really like the flowing lines and subtle colors. Absolute sharpness throughout the image is not a requirement in this image and in my opinion would change its "mood" dramatically. That being said, I do think I agree somewhat that a slightly deeper DOF might have been helpful.

The lighting I really like. It puts the subject "on display" and adds a "quality of light" component to the composition.

The only details I would suggest are dealing with the narrow border of black that shows up in the lower right corner, and the tiny spot on the surface of the front mushroom.

Jan 25, 2014 at 07:44 PM
docsmiles17
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Oyster Mushroom

birdfreak12 wrote:
I found these yesterday in grocery store. Decided to try another "light" painting. C&C greatly appreciated.
http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww103/deerlvr_2009/945a7963-9ba5-41be-88b3-efe5d4cf814d_zps126a8aa1.jpg

Curious about your "light" painting technique....I do "light" painting(at least thats what I call it) with landscapes at nighttime where I light an object with a flashlight and "paint" with it.

Is this the same thing but with macro??

Jan 25, 2014 at 08:38 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Mike1.6
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Oyster Mushroom

docsmiles17 wrote:
Curious about your "light" painting technique....I do "light" painting(at least thats what I call it) with landscapes at nighttime where I light an object with a flashlight and "paint" with it.

Is this the same thing but with macro??

Gregg B illustrated the technique in this
post. It has sparked some real interest and lots of experimentation recently. Very creative.

Jan 31, 2014 at 02:39 PM
Ibbanez
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Oyster Mushroom

From my point of view, I think this shot would be equally as good as the other, if the entire subject were tack sharp and blur the background. Im not exactly good at C&C, but can only offer what I personally think. you are so good, but to me, this is what I think.. Keep up the great work and cant wait to see what else you post...

Feb 02, 2014 at 02:10 AM
birdfreak12
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Oyster Mushroom

Docsmikes17, I don't thing it's the same as that sort of "light" painting. I think it is a very interesting technique. I am not very familiar with it. I first became intrigued by GregB's post and am fascinated with his talent using this technique. I certainly plan to experiment more with this to see if I can improve my work with this technique.

Feb 10, 2014 at 02:10 AM
e6filmuser
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Oyster Mushroom

birdfreak12 wrote:
Docsmikes17, I don't thing it's the same as that sort of "light" painting. I think it is a very interesting technique. I am not very familiar with it. I first became intrigued by GregB's post and am fascinated with his talent using this technique. I certainly plan to experiment more with this to see if I can improve my work with this technique.

I think it would normally involve the use of various coloured lights or gels.

Harold

Feb 10, 2014 at 11:34 AM
apehangers

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Oyster Mushroom

nice!

Feb 10, 2014 at 07:54 PM

FM Forums | Macro World | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password