Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2014 · A vote for Canon, the 1DX!

molson
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · A vote for Canon, the 1DX!

Gunzorro wrote:
Come on, pro and semi-pro bodies ought to be able to provide this feature easily! It makes world of difference for low shutter speed shooting, and could be stiffened up for rougher "crunching" of the shutter button in active shooting. Anyhow, that's my Little Big Idea, R&D folks!

Canon 1-series bodies used to have adjustable shutter release buttons (but you had to have it set at a Canon service centre) - don't they still have this feature?

Jan 22, 2014 at 05:23 PM
eosfun
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · A vote for Canon, the 1DX!

molson wrote:
Canon 1-series bodies used to have adjustable shutter release buttons (but you had to have it set at a Canon service centre) - don't they still have this feature?

You don't even have to send it to Canon service centra. On my MKII body and MKIII bodies there is a "reduced shutter "lag time" function. It's Personal Function 26 on the mkII series and Custom Function IV-13 on the mkIII's. It shortens the lag from the standard 55 ms to 40 ms. It's one of those often forgotten features of the 1D series cameras that allow the photographer to tailor the operation to needs and personal preferences like no other camera.

Jan 22, 2014 at 06:04 PM
molson
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · A vote for Canon, the 1DX!

eosfun wrote:
You don't even have to send it to Canon service centra. On my MKII body and MKIII bodies there is a "reduced shutter "lag time" function. It's Personal Function 26 on the mkII series and Custom Function IV-13 on the mkIII's. It shortens the lag from the standard 55 ms to 40 ms. It's one of those often forgotten features of the 1D series cameras that allow the photographer to tailor the operation to needs and personal preferences like no other camera.

That's not what I was referring to.

On older 1-series bodies Canon could adjust the trip pressure and stroke length of the shutter button - it had nothing to do with shutter lag, just the feel of the shutter release.

Jan 22, 2014 at 06:43 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.