New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · What is the most preferred used lens

speakit101
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · What is the most preferred used lens

for senior pics? I'll be using my 7d. I have in my inventory all canon 70-200 2.8 non is, 50 1.8, 85 1.8, 24-105. Thanks in advance for the advice.

Jan 20, 2014 at 04:02 PM
danlona
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · What is the most preferred used lens

All the senior pics I have done with me are the 70-200 f/2.8 and 85 f/1.4 and sometimes depending the scenery I'll use the 50 f/1.4, but mainly the first two.

Danny

Jan 20, 2014 at 04:20 PM
fsiagian
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · What is the most preferred used lens

Your budget is helpful

Canon 135mm F2 L and 84mm 1.4 Sigma (if you cannot afford the 200mm F2 or 1.8, 85mm 1.2, Zeiss 100mm).

Jan 20, 2014 at 04:26 PM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · What is the most preferred used lens

Definitely need a budget, and a shooting style. Do you like being in close to your subject or are you more comfortable shooting from a distance? What types of locations do you usually shoot in?

Jan 20, 2014 at 04:53 PM
speakit101
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · What is the most preferred used lens

(Lisa) I like being up close to my subject, but it really dosen't matter to me I guess that depends on the subject and how comfortable they are with taking pics. I'll be traveling back home for the weekend to do a senior shoot. I like shooting anywhere there's rust =-) I plan on shooting at an old elementary school, the HS school football stadium, an old rail way station and maybe some shots by the lake. That's some of the locations I plan on shooting at. I had the 135mm f2 L (fslagian) might just pick it back up again this time keeping it. Thanks Danny for your input also.

Jan 20, 2014 at 05:24 PM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · What is the most preferred used lens

I think you'd love the 85. I have the 85L and it's a great lens. I forgot to ask if you are Canon or Nikon, but steer clear of the 50L - it has a well known problem with focus shifting. I am on my 3rd copy - thought I finally had one that worked right and then I had a newborn session - not so much. The 50 1.4 is great though.

Jan 20, 2014 at 05:57 PM
speakit101
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · What is the most preferred used lens

That would be Canon Lisa. Might have to upgrade to the 50 1.4. Thanks Lisa always a blessing to receive tips from you. God Bless!

Jan 20, 2014 at 06:16 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.