Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · anyway to go from 5dIII —> iOS —> Facebook ?

DblDrgn
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · anyway to go from 5dIII —> iOS —> Facebook ?

I'm wondering if anyone has a working solution for posting an image from a wedding (very quickly) to Facebook.

Specifically, I'd like to get a "kiss shot" or some other great moment onto Facebook before we even get to the reception. Ideally, an assistant could do this while I'm driving to the reception. I have a plug that will transfer info from the camera to an iPad, I just need the software that would make the whole thing possible. I had envisioned using the 5dIII "direct print" button, to quickly choose an image and push it to my iOS device (iPhone or iPad), do a few quick edits, and push the finished image to Facebook very quickly over 4g or wireless connection.

Any ideas or apps that might work?

Jan 20, 2014 at 03:19 PM
aonavy
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · anyway to go from 5dIII —> iOS —> Facebook ?

mifi card?

Jan 20, 2014 at 03:32 PM
aonavy
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · anyway to go from 5dIII —> iOS —> Facebook ?

woops...eye fi card...

http://www.eye.fi/

Jan 20, 2014 at 03:38 PM
Robin Usagani
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · anyway to go from 5dIII —> iOS —> Facebook ?

5D3 - on camera edit to jpeg - wifi sdcard - smartphone

Yup, it can be done. I use EZ-share card. Works well. Basically the SD card has an on and off switch. If I turn it on, it becomes a wifi hotspot. I can connect my iphone to the hotspot and transfer.

Jan 20, 2014 at 03:40 PM
Robin Usagani
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · anyway to go from 5dIII —> iOS —> Facebook ?

Also, while I turn the card on, it consumes battery 10X faster. So I only turn it on when I transfer stuff to my phone.

Jan 20, 2014 at 03:45 PM
gregfountain
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · anyway to go from 5dIII —> iOS —> Facebook ?

IF you have the iPad camera adapter (SD or USB), just pop in the SD card or plug it in to the 5d3 via USB and turn it on. It will automatically open the "photo" app for iPad and you can select the images you want to copy over. After that, open the image on the iPad and simply tap the box in the lower left corner with the up arrow, and choose Facebook.

Jan 20, 2014 at 03:49 PM
jdpage
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · anyway to go from 5dIII —> iOS —> Facebook ?

I've done that with the 6D's built in WiFi and Canon's Remote Shooting / Image Viewing App on Android. I don't recall if the 5DIII has built in WiFi or not.

Jan 30, 2014 at 05:35 PM
brett maxwell
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · anyway to go from 5dIII —> iOS —> Facebook ?

The SD to iPad adapter from Apple is the most foolproof way. The only dumb part is they don't work with iPhone, but you already mentioned using an iPad, which they work perfectly with. The Apple version is $30, but I've used a $5 eBay one that worked just fine.

The wifi options can all be a bit finicky, but if you want that route I'd go with the EZ-Share simply because you can turn off the wifi broadcast to save battery when you don't need it.

Feb 01, 2014 at 11:29 PM
ShotByTom
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · anyway to go from 5dIII —> iOS —> Facebook ?

brett maxwell wrote:
The SD to iPad adapter from Apple is the most foolproof way. The only dumb part is they don't work with iPhone, but you already mentioned using an iPad, which they work perfectly with. The Apple version is $30, but I've used a $5 eBay one that worked just fine.

The wifi options can all be a bit finicky, but if you want that route I'd go with the EZ-Share simply because you can turn off the wifi broadcast to save battery when you don't need it.

I agree, they SD adapter is the way to go, it's very quick and much easier to use.

Feb 04, 2014 at 10:15 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.