New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · A Balanced Diet

adam_snez

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A Balanced Diet

Hi FM - first post! Have lurked a while here before, though.
I never do product ads, but did this for fun. Feel free to C&C, even nitpick. Would enjoy, and always wanting to up my game. My main issue w/ shooting is, pics always turn out dark in prints (I'm talking almost a whole stop), but look fine on EVERY monitor i view them on - does the exposure look fine for you guys?

Went to buddie's house to shoot, with no plan. Opened his fridge and cupboards and started pulling stuff out. Each frame signifies no correlation between all foods within each frame.

At first it was a joke, then the shoot got WAY too serious. My first "tripod" was the camera mounted on my ballhead (sitting on floor), with a shim pack holding my 70-200 2.8 -- tupperware container, book, tupperware lid (to get the proper height). Then we actually liked how it was turning out so got a bit more stable and mounted it on the tripod. Will be e-mailing the Stella pic to the company telling them to use it for a marketing ad. Peanut Butter sandwiches will sell a product better than any woman or sex ever will.

f11 @ ISO 200 @ 150mm @ whatever shutter speeds req'd for 3 bracket exp

Jan 19, 2014 at 11:50 PM
bryanlindsey
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A Balanced Diet

FAIL in shot #3...you've never heard beer referred to as "liquid bread?"

Jan 20, 2014 at 07:23 AM
beavens
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A Balanced Diet

Did you diffuse the flash or use a softbox?

An issue I always encounter when playing with stuff like this is that there is always a distracting "flash line" reflection on somewhat shiny subjects.

Jan 20, 2014 at 10:08 AM
adam_snez

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · A Balanced Diet

No flash. Used a house lamp that was tall (like those oriental shade lamps). put an embrella in front, because the cast shadows were still too harsh. I don't own any strip boxes or any "pro" lighting gear. Baileys had an umbrella reflection on it, but I cloned some out to make it less pronounced

Jan 20, 2014 at 10:27 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.