Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Basketball Poster

rob4bama
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Basketball Poster

Any opinions are welcome! Thanks for looking!

Colton1 by Section Sports Pix, on Flickr

Jan 19, 2014 at 09:36 PM
Caleb Williams
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Basketball Poster

A couple things:

Loose the gradient in the text. At least the way you have it done now.

I like the background with the black and white shots. Makes it look like he's standing in front of a mural. The gradient to the floor is killing me. try it as a solid line, almost like a wall meeting the floor.

The red line is interesting. Don't love it or hate it.

- Caleb

Jan 19, 2014 at 11:00 PM
Russ Isabella
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Basketball Poster

Nice work. It's hard to know where you want the focus of the poster to be, but I'm quickly and consistently drawn to the large, scowling b&w face in the upper-right portion. I agree it looks like a mural and that's kind of cool, but I"m wondering if you could tone it down a bit.

Jan 19, 2014 at 11:04 PM
ian408
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Basketball Poster

Overall, I like the poster. It's unique and the mural is kinda cool. Makes your athlete look like the star of the team.

I'd suggest finding another shot for the right side. Maybe add some transparency to the mural as well. And I'd go with solid color for the lettering. You could do a drop shadow or perhaps an outline to make it stand out. The lettering also needs to add kerning between the L and T in Colton. It looks a bit like COL TON-especially with the gradient.

Jan 20, 2014 at 01:02 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.