Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · 42nd Street Photo (Positive)

ponz924
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 42nd Street Photo (Positive)

I have some valuable, positive, information I would like to share regarding 42nd Street Photo. I am not affiliated with 42nd Street Photo in any way, shape or form. I am not benefiting from this post. I am merely a satisfied customer and would like to share my experience.

Let me begin by saying, they are not an authorized dealer for Canon, Nikon, Sony, etc......Most of us know that. Hence, the gear they sell is gray market.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with gray market gear if you understand what is involved. It's not manufactured any different from non-gray market gear. It's all a question of Warranty.
For instance - Canon will honor its warranty, on a gray market cameras or lenses, with proof of purchase. I spoke with a Canon rep and had this verified. I believe Sony and some others will too, but Nikon will not.

Many years ago I purchased my two Minolta X700s and several lenses, gray market, from an outfit called Photo-Cell in NYC, and NEVER had and problems. Very recently, I purchased my Canon 6D and some L lenses, gray market, from 42nd Street Photo and do not anticipate any problems either.

Now - back to 42nd Street Photo.
I've been working with their Sales/Marketing Director - Jonathan.

BEFORE I place an online order, I email Jonathan advising him of the order I'm about to place. This ensures a few things.

(1) I will not be called a day later for an up-sell.

(2) I can have the option of purchasing the store's extended warranty in lieu of the manufacturer's (Tamron lens for example).

(3) The item will ship promptly.

(4) If there is any problem with my order, I can rely on Jonathan to address and correct it immediately.

(5) Last but not least, the savings is tremendous.

So, the bottom line is, if you go into a situation like this with your eyes open it's a win/win scenario for all parties concerned. If you want to save some money email [email protected] prior to placing an order and he'll do the right thing.

Regards - Ponz

Jan 19, 2014 at 12:19 PM
BenV
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 42nd Street Photo (Positive)

Are they a knock off 47th street photo?

Jan 20, 2014 at 10:26 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.